I suggest a campaign about ...

The coalition "are considering" assessing children in their DLA shake up.

In the DLA reform white paper they are "considering" reassessing disabled children, as well as adults. Not only do they want to cut the benefits bill by chucking of disabled adults they want to do the same to children. They have also sneeked in an item on carers allowance "they are looking at it" ie going to means test or abolish. In this proposal you also have the right to "ask" for an appeal. Not saying you will get an appeal, but you have the right to ask for one. Picking on the disabled and vulnerable is discusting.

2,494 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    crazymumcrazymum shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames shared a merged idea: A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society.  ·   · 
    Johnny ChattertonJohnny Chatterton responded  · 

We’re looking into a technical problem with the suggest a campaigns system.

Last night we merged this with another DLA campaign after being asked to by the people who had originally created the suggestions. This follows on from previous problems we had with merging campaigns.

Unfortunately last night there was a problem with the system and when we merged the campaigns thousands of votes were removed from the total.

I’m really sorry this happened. We’re looking into this and trying to sort it out.

585 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The thing is you are probably genuine but there are a lot of skanky people out there that use their children for extra benefit money when they are not really disabled, people label their kids with ADHD and learning difficulties when it is clearly not the case so it is a good thing that the government want to check them out.
        If your child is genuinely disabled it is will be okay nothing will change and the fraudulent users will be found out for what they are doing, using their children for money.
        If they do assess your child it will be done in a very professional and sensitive way.
        See it as a good thing the government want to wheedle out the greedy users just like they have done with the adults and there were a lot of them out there believe me I knew some of them and I am glad they got discovered, and none of us decent folk want the innocent children to be cash cows for their parents, it is child exploitation.!.

• Gavin BullockGavin Bullock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many issues concerning disabled people (DLA, other benefits, the dreadful scandal of fitness for work assessments) which deserve support. Do we deplore the general treatment, callous ranging to cruel, of the the disabled by this government - or protest about individual bits, like the present proposal (DLA for children). I feel at present that a more general statement of a feeling of revulsion should be considered to let ministers know how sickened many of us are, both by the specific cuts but also by the resulting 'hate' attacks that seemed to be an unintended consequence of the policies.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go to a website called : Disabled People Against Cuts.

Some MP's have signed a letter in relation to ATOS and other matters regarding the sick and disabled. You can get involved so take a look and now.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pats e-petition still a current suggested campaign, whats to lose, vote on it now, they have taken so much already, whats to lose giving this a go again. Unite forget past experiences, a means to an end just maybe! PS can you reuse votes by taking from campaigns not running but used already for? as in 7 months I've had none of my ten returned after using them all. thank you 38Degrees if you would reply to me.

• Allen WilkinsonAllen Wilkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The coalition MPs are not listening to us may be if all disabled groups and Age UK got together and say we will target marginal MPs seats in the next election and ensure they loose there benifits (wages) they may start to listen

• Donnaa DamzelleDonnaa Damzelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any petition concerning DISABILITY CUTS i'll gladly sign also.
        clegg and the prime minister, are attacking those who have no voice or clout to stand up and defend their rights, and t's shameful.
        i'm 70 and one of these people who will be affected, and even i i weren't i would still petition against such injustice as this!

• grahamgraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a suggestion would be to sign a petion and send it to the govt i would gladly put my name on it

• grahamgraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tipical of the coalition to pick on the less fortunate as i think they only care for the fortunate and the well off its just so wrong and cruel and makes me sick i totally 100% agree with the comments on this but instead of just commenting can 38 degrees members do something to stop the govt from taking away DLA payments to people who need them

• PeteAPeteA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the list of Cameron and Cleggs pre election promises which have been broken is starting to read like war and peace!

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in social welfare and these proposed changes are nothing short of disgraceful. As well as children, they are considering targeting old age pensioners as well. I think that is is very important that this should also be focused upon. They will be attacking the most vulnerable members of the already most vulnerable sectio of society.

• VanessaVanessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nancy, you're lucky if their is an option of a home. If I can't care for my children because of the benefits system being messed up my only option is to hand them over to Social Services- put them in care. Residential care is not available.

• VanessaVanessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They plan to use all work type tests on children from what I have heard. Tests which will not assess correctly many disabilities and the all work test is already claiming many who are unfit for work actually are fit for work and then at appeal that decision is over turned. Now we are going to have carers forced back to work unable to care for their disabled children because their child has lost his DLA incorrectly means the carer loses her carers status and if the carer is on benefits she has to find a job regardless of the needs of her unofficially but very really disabled child or children. What is the carer meant to do? Even childcare is often unavailable or not reliably available for children who need 1 to 1 support and at risk of closure due to lack of funds constantly in my experience. The carer is left with 2 options: neglect everything (house, dental care, etc ) and hope she/he can keep going or put the child in care and let the government and the overstretched care system bring the child/ren up- residential care is not always an option for children (I know I do not have that choice for my children). The care system is failing even kids without special needs and has more than its fair share of children growing up to become criminals. What hope has a special needs child in that system? They wouldn't be close enough for you to visit either as their is a shortage of foster carers.

• rockyrocky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the governments of either parties will always target us disabled, as we are like pensioner....EASY TARGETS.

is it not hard enough living with the fact we ar classed as second rate citizens., and not abled to join in with th rest of the world 100% with things such as boarding buse, climbing stairs, feed ourslves, go shopping, there are loads of things, becaus every disability has it`s own problems.

• NancyNancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree crazymum. Without Care Allowance and the DLA my child gets we just couldn't manage. My son would cost a fortune for the government to care for in a home, why can't they recognise the huge role that we parents play in actually saving them money? I gave up a good career to look after him and don't regret this, but we have little social life due to our son's problems and now the local authority are cutting down on what little respite we get too! Where will it end?

• LindenLinden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To crazy mum,
        I apologise for what I said,I was feeling angry,frustrated and exhausted (i have severe ME) and hit my 'wall' last night so lashed out when i shouldn't have, i'm sorry. It's hard being a human being,i'm a very imperfect one lol,made worse by the ME :-) so hope you accept my apology.
        Working together is what counts, nothing else. We'll beat the bast..ds yet!!
        I'm putting this comment on your campaign and the other duplicate of this one to make sure you receive it. x

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base