I suggest a campaign about ...

House of Academics

Too long has the chiding of experts been ignored by the government, on all sorts of ridiculous topics.

We need a greater commitment to progress in society through acting upon the evidence.

I propose either the abolition of the House of Lords in exchange for the House of Academics; or the installation of a third house with enhanced legal influence.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe OJoe O shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert ReynoldsRobert Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In genuine democracy we will all be 'representing' each other, continuously 'accountable' to conscience. For genuine democracy, teach the conditions of democracy: secure income equality affording freedom of conscience, equal savings maximum ('my cup runneth over') for sustainable political equality. Imagine real freedom of speech, freedom to choose the better, not to be trapped in work of no real worth (or worse), knowing that all understand and choose co-operation. All 'good causes' can be expected to advance with genuine democracy. You can vote for a 38 degrees campaign - under Human Rights.

• Richard QuinnRichard Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I largely agree. In other words, what we need is a true Senate. A house that will be both revisory and advisory. No need for a third house. But, contrary to what most people say on this topic, an elected second chamber will just consolidate the power of the political parties. I'm campaigning here: http://uksenate.wordpress.com/ Of course, before we can get anything other than what the other house wants, we need a referendum...

Feedback and Knowledge Base