I suggest a campaign about ...

Greater investment in providing a total package of services for people with mental health issues

Mental health continues to be the Cinderella of the NHS. Closure of wards and limited access to psychiatrists means there is greater pressure on support services which are under-funded and overstretched. The support available, i.e. CBT, is offered for such short periods to be almost of negligible value. People with mental health issues require continuity of care.

145 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michelle MullerMichelle Muller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AngryAngry shared a merged idea: Mental Health and benefit cuts  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RPRP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, charities like Rethink are having (or have had) their funding cut. These charities help fill in gaps not dealt with by other services, like providing training to get back into work. Without the right help people will take longer to recover from mental illness, so potentially costing more in the long run.

• nitanita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello... I have epilepsy & anxiety spectrum disorder...i find it almost impossible to get to the point but it is only by properly talking to me that it becomes clear how ill i am... if they don't ask the right questions it will be easy to dismiss me...if i try to tell them they get nasty to me, ignore me & punish me... I am so close to the edge.... i have a daily struggle to survive & will not be able to go to all the meetings or make contracts or use the phone...they will have me wrapped round their fingers in five mins & have all sorts of promises off me that i can't keep... i don't stand a chance...

• Gordon CraigGordon Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should we consolidate our votes to make them count and pick a campaign that best suits the "No Confidence/ General election vote?" I personally feel no confidence says it all and should then lead to a general election.

Feedback and Knowledge Base