I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop EU legislation wiping out ancient and effective traditional herbal medicinal cultures

It's serious and it's imminent. After April 2011 lots of herbs from traditional cultures (Chinese medicine, Ayurveda) will disappear unless we campaign hard. We have to stop EU legislation steam-rollering traditional medicinal cultures in Europe.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jenny ReynoldsJenny Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This piece of legislation is a travesty of justice- small companies can not aford the extortionate cost in regitering products - every company has to register every herb even if it has been proven safe and regitered by other companies - this is outragious

• patricia smithpatricia smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always kept my health through alternative medicine why should i be deprived of my health and well being now? We all know big pharma has harmed more people than it cures so i will NEVER take their drugs. Why should I or anyone-else be forced into being bullied by the dark forces and their ridiculous senseless codex.It has taken thousands of years to learn the healing powers of plants and there is still more to learn, nature has much more to give us yet. Only a mad man would want to destroy precious knowledge which may one day be needed to save all of humanity.

• Robert ButterworthRobert Butterworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Freedom is a hard won thing. Unfortunately in 2011 our freedom is being curtailed and eroded by large corporations in particular the Pharmceutical Industry by buying politicians and using undue pressure to ensure they have a complete monopoly over the worlds health. The sicker you get the more money they make. Self help loses them money. We should all have the unfettered right to treat our own bodies using whatsoever means at our disposal be that drugs or herbs.

• Barbara YorksBarbara Yorks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People need to wake up and to take back their freedom of choice. Especially when it comes to their health. God created herbs & leaves for healing. Big Pharma does not want people well but addicted to their drugs. How else do they make money. Not by people being well. Time for a big revolution.

• Wahid DinWahid Din commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop EU legislation that will prevent conusmers from making their own choice to buy products that have been used safely for hundreds of years.

• HolmoakHolmoak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really important that this stupid legislation is stopped! Also say No to the state regulation of herbalists www.saveourherbs.org.uk and changes to sch 12(1) 1968 Medicines Act , herbalists will then still be able to access traditional herbal medicines, make their own mixes.

• Pat ThoumePat Thoume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

13 years ago I used several Vitamin C infusions to try and beat full blown ovarian cancer, and guess what, it worked. now cured. back to normal.
        Read the paperback book called "Skewed" by Martin J Walker.
        Then you will understand why!!

• hellaDhellaD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is insane to have so little respect for these ancient medicinal systems that have taken thousands of years to develop.

• Dariush NaghaviDariush Naghavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'mainstream' view today, promoted by people like Richard Dawkins, and Ben Goldacre (see "Bad Science" and his attacks on Homeopathy), is that there is no "soul" in anything, no "vital force", no such thing as holistic or energetic healing, no such thing as the medicinal quality of a herb or herbs arising from the whole than the sum of its parts. No, the view is that herbs are no more than the chemicals they are made of and no sense at all, let alone belief that the herbs are anything more than untested chemicals! Such a dead, sterile, meaningless and soulless way of looking at and being in the world. I hope this foolish legislation based in scientific irrationalism and scientific superstition will be defeated. It must be defeated.

• t.riecket.riecke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let me choose what is good and bad for me , I know that better than pharma industry !!!

• ChevalierChevalier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lets stop these fascists methods
        we want to decide ourself what is good for us, not bureaucrats sold to the bif
        agro-pharmaceutical mafia

• rangiwickedrangiwicked commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop the PoisonPirates lobby
        Stand up for the right to heal with the fruits of Mother Nature
        Protect our Plants and the healing potential and knowledge there within .

• Anna PihlgrenAnna Pihlgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have to stop this insane law that clearly shows lack of understanding how traditional herbal medicine works. Modern western medicine is very strong and not in tuned with mother nature and should only be used in rare cases. Effective traditional herbal medicine should always be the first option (before chemical aggressive medicine) to clear an unbalance in the human.

• Belinda BoultonBelinda Boulton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very angry this is happening. In fact it has happened, it's just that the legislation is rolling out in April. I hope we can get it undone. Not just the herbs will go, but the advice too. And then the information, the knowledge. I do hope someone is saving it all?

• Louise TretheweyLouise Trethewey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unbelievable. I use natural medicines on a weekly basis, i wouldn't want to know what my condition would be like without them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base