I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop EU legislation wiping out ancient and effective traditional herbal medicinal cultures

It's serious and it's imminent. After April 2011 lots of herbs from traditional cultures (Chinese medicine, Ayurveda) will disappear unless we campaign hard. We have to stop EU legislation steam-rollering traditional medicinal cultures in Europe.

646 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PippaPippa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please run a campaign for this - I feel this is so very important and a very dangerous way to go - should it become law. We would loose many very important traditional cultures that help many. And the pharmaceutical companies will win. There is a place for modern medicine - but a place for ancient too.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Homeopathy is fraudulent.
        Show me ANY evidence that it works for anyone.
        The total absence of any active ingredient in homeopathic remedies is evidence for this.
        Most people ( and animals) tend to recover from minor illnesses.
        Better sanitation is a result of medical research into the causes of disease, as are better living conditions.
        The idea that "big pharma" don't want us to get better is paranoid nonsense. I have to take insulin and other medication to stay alive.
        I've been dead once.
        I'm glad that I can delay doing it again.
        And I can spell anonymous.
        Keep going in yor fictive world.

• Veronica-Mae SoarVeronica-Mae Soar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Anny Monus. LIfe expectancy is higher largely due to better sanitation and general living conditions. Big Pharma does not make us healthier, it makes sure we need to keep on taking their drugs. They don't want us to get better. And long life is not much use if your general health is distressingly awful.

Homeopathy - not work ? tell that to the many animals who are made better. No placebo effect there !

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Homeopathy doesn't work.
        Big pharma is a myth.
        Consider this; life expectancy has never been higher.

• Hugh ColeHugh Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If 'Aspirin' was dicovered today it would be hailed as a wonder drug. It comes from the bark of a tree. It can't be patented, although they would love to.
        Our government in now full of lobyists. This is the result.

• Alastair LichtenAlastair Lichten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Q) You know what they call alternative medecines that work?
        A) Medecines

We all know the problems with big pharma but consumers should be protected from scam fake and uneffective medecines.

• stella bergstella berg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ban is set to extend to vitamin supplements and homeopathy as well, giving the pharmaceuticals a monopoly over our healthcare. A quiet slithery campaign almost unnoticeably seizing our rights to choose our own health care

• stella bergstella berg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ban is set to extend to vitamin supplements and homeopathy as well, giving the pharmaceuticals a monopoly over our healthcare. A quiet slithery campaign almost unnoticeably seizing our tights to choose our own health care

• Patricia BryanPatricia Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am utterly and completely against this legislation. It incenses me a lot, as I hate what conventional so-called 'medicine' does to a human body.

• Sophie MiddletonSophie Middleton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Codex Alimentarius sets guidelines and standards to ensure ‘fair trade practices’ and consumer protection. These guidelines will take text from the EU legislation verbatim so it is vital that inappropriate EU Directives be amended.

• Malcolm BradstockMalcolm Bradstock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly the same issue as the oppositionj to Codex Alimentariuswhich is the means by which these alternative methods of healthand healing will be outlawed

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base