Campaign suggestions

Uservoice is now closed

If you feel passionately about an issue, you can start your own campaign about it here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/

It’s really easy to get started, but if you get stuck there’s loads of tips here:
https://home.38degrees.org.uk/cby-tips/

Want to connect with other members? There’s lots of lively discussion on our Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange

Or why not meet other members in ‘real life’?! Find out if there’s a local 38 degrees group near you here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/local_chapter_collections/1

And if there isn’t one, set one up! Sign up and create one here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/users/sign_in/events

Want to get in touch with the office team? You can do that here:
https://home.38degrees.org.uk/about/contact-us/

I suggest a campaign about ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Making Justice for Child Abuse easier & less traumatic for the child

The statistics show that in 99% of all reported cases of child abuse, the child was actually abused, yet one child being abused is not enough evidence, (without actual physical evidence) to take court action. The law wants more than one child to be abused before it is going to take any action - now how totally twisted and wrong is this?

It is also shocking to hear that in over 90% of cases of sexual abuse to children is done by someone known to the child. So in most cases when the sexual abuse is uncovered it is then…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Support EFVI.EU - Fight against draconian legislation that only benefits the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries.

We have a European citizens initiative www.efvi.eu in place so we can get a seat at the table to negotiate a fairer deal on the use of e-cigarettes, directives put in place on the 26th of February have effectively banned all ecig products on the market today with each member state having to put these policies in force by 2016, this directive will only put public health at risk and deny smokers the use of a scientifically proven safer alternative. The EU regulations are so disproportionate that it will only be the large multinational tobacco and pharmaceutical companies that will…

2,132 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Leaseholders living in flats where Peverel Group/FirstPort are Freeholders/Lanadlords and Managing Agents.

Failures of the then Peverel Group, Peverel Retirement, who Price Fixed Tenders.

The SFO decided the Cheating of Pensioners was not Serious Enough for them.

The OFT found Peverel/Cirrus Guilty of Price Fixing 65 Developments and pardoned them.

It cost the Tax Payer £500,000.00 and fined 3 of the 5 Price Fixers.

Peverel/ Cirrus were allowed to walk scot free as the Parent Company owned up to the Price Fixing after the Times outed them.
        Tand OFT decided and the OFT gave them so

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • biscuit selection tins

make it law that you cant take biscuits from the bottom tray until the top tray is empty, im so fed up with eating all the ones I don't like then going to the bottom tray and discovering all the best ones are already taken, this act of selfishness and greed should be banned with sever penalties for the perpetrators.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Stop the flogging of Raif Badawi

I am sure other members must be appalled, particularly in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings, by the weekly public flogging of Raif Badawi for nothing more than exercising his right to free speech. Can we put pressure on the government to take a hard line on this, rather than just tutting a little and letting Saudi Arabia do what it wants, regardless of basic human rights?
            Guardian report is here for more details -
            http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/saudi-blogger-lashes-amnesty-international-raif-badawi

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Head Teachers - Safeguard the health and development of children in schools

Dear Head Teachers, please take action to safeguard the health and development of pupils in your school by banning the use of mobile/smart phones on school property and using only wired communications for all IT equipment and utility meters. Wi-Fi/2.4GHz signals have been shown in scientific studies to cause biological damage, alter brain activity, increase the proliferation of cancer cells and have a negative effect on fertility. Schools have a legal duty to prevent any damage to the health and development of children. Responses to the government's statements on Wi-Fi safety can be found here: http://wifiinschools.org.uk/resources/SSITA+response+January+2014.pdf.
              Calls for you…

645 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Support Democracy For Hong Kong

Pressure the Government to make China go through with its promise for democracy in Hong Kong.

10 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Home Office and Mi5 using secret Courts, JSA 2013 to conceal and cover their own wrongdoing in the case of Martin McGartland

The British security services, MI5, and the Home Office are attempting to apply for a secret court hearing under JSA 2013 for no other reason that to cover-up their own embarrassment and wrong doing. The Martin McGartland case relates to MI5's withdrawing of medical support after he was shot 7 times as a result of work he carried out on their behalf. More importantly, the case has nothing at all to do with his undercover work in Northern Ireland, it concerns MI5's failings, breach of duty of care, at a time when they were meant to be looking after, supporting…

107 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • ashya

Leave his parents, his family & mostly him alone.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Human rights  ·  Admin →
                    • 'Sudan woman faces death for apostasy'.

I'm sure you have seen and are aware of, the news report entitled 'Sudan woman faces death for apostasy'.
                      Is there a petition that can be signed to release her form this terrible sentence? if so, I would like to sign it please.
                      Thank you.

7 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Health Freedom

A series of laws are being passed through the EU which severely limit our health freedoms, both freedom of choice and freedom of speech.

By next year, it will be illegal to sell the vast majority of seeds, supplements, and herbs that are currently on the market. It will also be illegal to talk about the potential benefits of any but a tiny percentage of health foods.

Herbs were outlawed in 2011; there has been a grace period which is about to be withdrawn in Dec 2012. There is a statutory register but there are only around 100 herbs that…

1,000 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • stopping the introduction of water cannon for use by police on mainland Britain

Boris Johnson is planning to introduce water cannon for use by the London Met by summer 2014. Theresa May has said that in principle she is not opposed to their use. There is a large possibility they will be used against those who are exercising their democratic right to protest peacefully. (The Met does not have a good record on kettling for example. How can we be sure the use of water cannon won't be abused?)

If water cannon arrive in London, it is only a matter of time before they spread across the nation.

65 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • peeple getting in the way of selfies

WEN I TRY 2 DO A SELFIE THERZ AWAYS SUM1 GOING IN2 THE PIC I FINK WE MUST MAYKE A LAW THAT SAYZ U CANT DO THAT CUZ ITS RUDE AND RUINZ THE PICCHUR and den I get less likes
                            so if u see sum1 doin a selfie u got to get out the way Ic thowsansd of crap selfies on facebook 4 that reason

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Human Right to have time to Grieve - Heartless Councils evicting people after death of loved ones

Councils across the UK are using housing law (rights of succession and over occupancy) to evict people and in many cases make them homeless with 28 day notice even when someone has just died.
                              One council gives six months and says they will look for alternative
                              accommodation. Why aren't others doing the same? A friend of mine who has mental health issues has just lost his mother to lung and brain cancer and has been sent a form two days after the funeral to leave a property he has been in all his life for 51 yrs in 28 days. …

18 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Strengthen the Female Genital Mutliation Act to improve prosecution chances

Currently FGM is illegal in the UK but the law is poor and has not yet resulted in one conviction. This law needs strengthening in the following ways:
                                Anonymity needs to be guaranteed for all victims, just as it is in rape cases. Anonymity needs to be granted to prosecution witnesses where they may face persecution from communities that promote this practice. Anonymity needs to be given to the accused where it is necessary to protect the victim.
                                Parents and legal guardians should have a legal duty to prevent FGM being carried out on girls in their care. If a…

17 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Make sex-based hate speech a criminal offense

There are protections from hate content for people based on religion, race and sexual orientation, but none exists to protect women as a class.

In real life and online, women face abuse of epidemic proportions. Online alone, this includes publishing of women's workplaces, home addresses and phone numbers with direct calls to harassment and sex-based violence. There is posting and replication of sexually abusive content that includes pictures leaked without women's and girls knowledge or consent, and videoed rape.

So far the law is shown to have waited for these crimes and more to occur, before any steps are taken…

18 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Against the Antisocial Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill – URGENT ACTION NEEDED

I was shocked by this article in today’s Guardian by George Monbiot about the Antisocial Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/06/law-to-stop-eveyone-everything

George Monbiot explains that the bill would permit injunctions against anyone of 10 or older who "has engaged or threatens to engage in conduct capable of causing nuisance or annoyance to any person". It would replace asbos with ipnas (injunctions to prevent nuisance and annoyance), which would not only forbid certain forms of behaviour, but also force the recipient to discharge positive obligations. In other words, they can impose a kind of community service order on people who have…

46 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Ban Flouride in UK drinking water.. Government plans to Flouridate ALL UK water

Leaked Government Paper - Government plans to flouridate all UK Ddrinking water. (mail online14th feb 2014)
                                      Flouride is a toxic waste and poisonous the the human / environmental system.

Ministers will introduce the change in amendments later this month to the Water Bill, allowing the 28 strategic health authorities in England to order the fluoridation of water after local consultation.

A document signed by health and environment ministers last month concludes that opponents are in the minority and that 'this minority should not be allowed to deprive health communities from opting for fluoridation by insisting on an indefinite research programme'.

16 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Support Lord Falconer's Lords Bill on assisted dying

I have just left an excellent public meeting at which this Bill was debated. There were various powerful arguments in favour of the Bill, including:

several powerful testimonies of personal experiences, mainly with long-suffering parents who wanted to end their life.
                                        the Bill is not shortening life, it is shortening death!
                                        the Bill is very narrow in its scope in order not to put people off.
                                        the Bill is based on 16 years positive experience of similar legislation in Oregon
                                        It is a citizen's right to choose when to die, and not parliamentarians, or medics.

Please support

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • It should be a Human Right to be helped to end ones life if terminally ill.

A prescription could be supplied for self administration where possible.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)