Campaign suggestions

Uservoice is now closed

If you feel passionately about an issue, you can start your own campaign about it here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/

It’s really easy to get started, but if you get stuck there’s loads of tips here:
https://home.38degrees.org.uk/cby-tips/

Want to connect with other members? There’s lots of lively discussion on our Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange

Or why not meet other members in ‘real life’?! Find out if there’s a local 38 degrees group near you here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/local_chapter_collections/1

And if there isn’t one, set one up! Sign up and create one here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/users/sign_in/events

Want to get in touch with the office team? You can do that here:
https://home.38degrees.org.uk/about/contact-us/

I suggest a campaign about ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Save the Gondar Gardens Covered Reservoir from development

Please help us to preserve an area of green open space in an urban environment.

This protected Open Space and Site of Nature Conservation Importance is a “green lung … of high environmental value” (Planning Inspector 2013) and provides views which “constitute a considerable public asset” (Planning Inspector 2005). We urge Camden Council to refuse plans for building on the reservoir site which would destroy the Open Space, increase the population of Gondar Gardens by 50% and put additional stress on oversubscribed schools, parking and other services.

The whole of this undisturbed open space in north-west London (NW6 1HG) has…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Environment  ·  Admin →
    • Natural England - looses 50% of bat volunteers.

Natural England had about 1000 highly skilled and qualified volunteers in protected species work - for bats - up to the end of this month, March 2015

Bat conservation trust has sent me an email saying : "We estimate only 50% of VBRVs (around 600 individuals) will available for visits nationwide from 01 April."

( VBRV = Volunteer Bat roost visitors)
      Now instead of NE being proud that they have very expert people, several of whom are members of CIEEM (Charters Inst of Ecology and Environmental management ) , they have made these very experienced volunteers jump through numerous hoops…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Fight a quarry application which will devastate 470 acres of farm land

A small quarry in the Forest of Dean, in a tourist beauty spot, is now applying for a huge expansion up to 470 acres. This expansion will not only mean one farmer losing his whole farm and livelihood, two other farmers losing hundreds of acres of farmland, but will affect thirteen close properties, an AONB, two historic villages, an SSSI, Ancient Woodland and Historic monuments. It will also set a UK wide precedence for smaller buffer zones which will affect hundreds of people living near quarries. Please help us fight this one...

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/call-for-a-public-debate-into-the-death-of-7-year-old-zane

Please help us with this campaign!
          6 months ago a little boy died in the floods in chertsey and his father remains paralysed from the waist down. it seems to be down to hydrogen cyanide gas coming from a nearby landfill site. but till today the parents of Zane and the public have no answers to why Zane died. The authorities are doing everything possible to cover it all up. please help us to find out the TruthAboutZane and to prevent other families of suffering in the same way! This is not just about a family -it's a national issue…

10 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Environment  ·  Admin →
          • 1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Save our Ancient Woodlands from the Axe

The Government now wants to allow statutorily protected Ancient Woodland to be cut down by developers if they offer suitable sites elsewhere as new woodland sites, a process known as off setting. The Government would like to see this process made compulsory. However, you cannot replace woodlands that have been around for hundreds or thousands of years just like that. These ancient woodlands are already scarce environments in England. They provide valuable havens for endangered plant and animal species, as well as archaeological and historic sites, and they are part of our natural landscape heritage. They are also fragile habitats,…

118 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Environment  ·  Admin →
              • Supporting Young Entrants in to Farming

As its the International Year of Family Farming we'd like to start the debate on how new families can get in to farming and make our communities more resilient for producing food. At the moment so many of us are so reliant on the supermarkets distribution systems and what farms or traders they buy from. Do we want to continue to be reliant on these retail giants? Do we care how our food is produced and what it contains? If you want to support another way of food production and delivery please checkout www.crowdfunder.co.uk/chagfarm

60 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • if u got a dog u get right of way

on pavement people don't get out ur way when I walk my pedigree dog and it means that sometimes it can be dangerous cos they mite trip over the dog lead so make it law that wen u see someone with a dog coming u must stand aside and let them past and ur not allowed to move until safe, this will s[peed up dog walking and make it safer in general for everyone. also make it law that if ur in a rush u don't have to pick up the dog poop and make it law that u cant…

8 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Stop the Government from destroying Birds Nests and Eggs!

Dear 38 Degrees,

This vile Tory government are seeking to rush through legislation to legalise the destruction of wild birds nests and eggs. It just so happens the persons behind this developing legislation are property developers and Tory Party donors!

I have never asked you for anything before but this is something that people will care about and I'm sure that they will support it.

It may seem a little unimportant next to the death and destruction this government are dealing out, but this matters too.

Please launch a campaign!

http://tompride.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/heres-the-real-reason-the-tories-are-allowing-the-destruction-of-robin-eggs-and-nests/

Kind regards,
                    Lewis

10 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Keep Devon Green

Picture the scene...you're heading down to Britain's beautiful South West, a part of Britain known for rolling hills, open moors, quaint market towns & sandy beaches. As you cross the border into Devon you're greated by 'Woodlands' a 230 acre out-of-town retail, leisure & business park funded by AXA Global Real Estate, based between the villages of Uffculme & Willand. Instead of miles of Devon countryside, AXA want this to be the 'Gateway to Devon' despite the damage it will do to the local environment and economies of the historic market towns or Tiverton & Cullompton.

There are alternative brownfield…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • A total ban on halal & any other religious slaughter of animals here in the UK

We must ban this cruel method of slaughter here in the UK as Denmark has. Our Chief Vet has said it is cruel and the MP's must listen. Religious slaughter must end now.

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • The anti-hunting ban should not be repealed or weakened

The government is being lobbied to relax the anti-hunting ban.

Environment officials are examining what they describe as a "viable amendment" to the Hunting Act, which would allow up to 40 hounds to flush out a fox to face waiting guns rather than two, a move that critics claim would effectively reintroduce hunting with hounds "through the back door".

The proposed amendment would be likely to use a parliamentary device known as a statutory instrument to amend the contentious 2004 act. Opponents of foxhunting predict that the move will be unveiled next month and it is has been claimed that…

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • 2 for 1 - Councils to plant two trees for every one they cut down

Trees are reducing in number in London. Councils trim, lop then fell mature trees and rarely replace them so, how about a rule of thumb that every time a tree comes down TWO must be planted nearby to provide long term replenishment?

2 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • BAN Automatic Lights On Cars

I'd like to see a ban on these ridiculously dangerous automatic lights on cars. In Particular Daytime Running Lights (DRL's), but ideally all automatic lights. DRL's reduce other drivers visibility unneccessarily. THIS IS OF COURSE PRETTY BASIC PHYSICS. All automatic lights should be removed from cars and fines/points imposed for idiots driving around during daylight with their lights on, endangering other road users (particularly pedestrians) lives!

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Object to Government's May 2014 consultation to allow fracking companies to drill under our homes without getting our permission

Department of Energy and Climate Change have published a consultation on whether fracking companies should be allowed to drill under homes without the landowner's permission. Currently (as well as planning permission and environmental permits) companies would also need to get landowner's permission, or they would commit trespass. DECC knows that the ability of individual landowners to block access under their land is the last major barrier to the expansion of this industry, and have published a (very biased) consultation document that lays out their proposal to give fracking companies statutory right of access. If enough people object to this, they…

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Aerial pesticide spraying of UK woods to go ahead despite fears over wildlife Later this month in Sulham woods near Tilehurst in Berkshire,

Aerial pesticide spraying of UK woods to go ahead despite fears over wildlife
                                  Later this month in Sulham woods near Tilehurst in Berkshire, Forestry Commission officials will be spraying the woods with pesticides to eradicate the oak processionary moth – whose caterpillars can cause itchy rashes and sore throats in humans. However there is concern by Natural England that aerial spraying approach will not work and repeated annual spraying would have a serious impact on butterflies in the area.
                                  The Guardian (04 May 2014)
                                  Learn more about the problems associated with pesticides as the continual depositing of these do more…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Oppose cuts to the environment agency

The recent floods have shown the value of the work done by the environment agency in protecting peoples lives, homes, farmland and our natural environment. The government are proposing budget cuts which will lead to the loss of 1,700 jobs around 15 percent of the workforce. Let's use the issue as an example of how the government is cutting back on public services which affect all our lives.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Fracking - the Government appears to be considering two ideas to take away our mineral rights

Fracking - the Government appears to be considering two ideas, firstly to take away all mineral rights below UK houses where they might be claimable, and second, to rewrite rules to property owners (which could be the local church or houses with large gardens) to take away their rights to bar frackers from their land.

The Church of England has already moved to claim the ground below all of their churches.

For reasons I can't explain, Money Marketing are forcefully pushing the fracking investments to all their readers.

The questions are: is it right to let the Government grab the…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Non-Fluoridation of UK Tap water

Several studies suggest that Sodium-penta-fluoride that is added to everyday tap water is bad. This is also found in the majority of toothpaste. Water Supplies agencies are told that Fluoride is beneficial to your dental health and prevents tooth decay. This is in relation to Calcium Fluoride, but Sodium-penta-fluoride, the actual chemical that is added is really bad. It calcifies your pineal gland (the area of your brain that controls levels of melatonin and DMT - our feel good chemicals). Once this becomes calicified we begin to become very docile and less likely to challenge things. Dimentia has also been…

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Protect migratory birds crossing mainland Europe & North Africa .1 in 17 are killed in each migration.

Tens of thousands of migratory birds are shot, trapped in nets or on lime sticks as they cross North Africa and Europe. Many of these birds including raptors, turtle doves and swifts are endangered and protected by UK and EU law, and yet the killing continues. Some birds are eaten and/ or sold to tourists as a delicacy, and many are shot simply for 'sport'. The EU and individual countries affected (including the UK) are doing little or nothing to stop the killing and seem more interested in maintaining vote winning relations than taking responsibility for enforcing their own laws.…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44

Campaign suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base