Campaign suggestions

Uservoice is now closed

If you feel passionately about an issue, you can start your own campaign about it here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/

It’s really easy to get started, but if you get stuck there’s loads of tips here:
https://home.38degrees.org.uk/cby-tips/

Want to connect with other members? There’s lots of lively discussion on our Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange

Or why not meet other members in ‘real life’?! Find out if there’s a local 38 degrees group near you here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/local_chapter_collections/1

And if there isn’t one, set one up! Sign up and create one here:
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/users/sign_in/events

Want to get in touch with the office team? You can do that here:
https://home.38degrees.org.uk/about/contact-us/

I suggest a campaign about ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Lord Falconer's Lords Bill on assisted dying

I have just left an excellent public meeting at which this Bill was debated. There were various powerful arguments in favour of the Bill, including:

several powerful testimonies of personal experiences, mainly with long-suffering parents who wanted to end their life.
    the Bill is not shortening life, it is shortening death!
    the Bill is very narrow in its scope in order not to put people off.
    the Bill is based on 16 years positive experience of similar legislation in Oregon
    It is a citizen's right to choose when to die, and not parliamentarians, or medics.

Please support

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • End Manorial Rights

We are a campaign group, End Manorial Rights, seeking help from 38 Degrees to abolish manorial rights in England and Wales.

We are a group of residents from Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, who have recently learned that our homes are subject to previously unknown and recently registered “Manorial Rights”. These manorial rights are claims by wealthy landowners over commercial, local-authority-owned and private residential property they do not own and include surface rights (hunting shooting & fishing) and the right to extract minerals underground.
      WHY WE WANT TO CHANGE THE LAW
      These rights are some of the last few remaining ancient…

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • ask andy burnam to scrap medical companies & revert back to the N.H.S. to do medicals

andy burnam should right a terrible wrong by axing these medical companies that were introduced by labour under tony blair like atos & capita.he should revert back to tests done by the N.H.S.where a more fairer test is done with medical records freely available which is not done so under the present regime it will also create more jobs in the N.H.S.

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Politics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 79 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Parliament should change the law on assisted suicide.

The Law Lords today say it's for Parliament to change the Law on assisted suicide, they should do so and end this cruel and barbaric insistence that a terminally ill person has to endure a painful and undignified end.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • It should be a Human Right to be helped to end ones life if terminally ill.

A prescription could be supplied for self administration where possible.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Wonga. Need for strict regulation and penalties.

Their recent £2.6 million fine imposed on Wonga by the FCA for malpractice (pretending parts of their operation were non-existent legal firms; highly illegal!) is petty cash for Wonga. The real question is why do they still have a licence to trade with a record of proven malpractice?

Withdrawing their licence, or altering it with much more restrictive conditions on what they can or cannot do, would seem to be the way forward here. It is what other European countries do with this sort of lender, after all.

Also the possibility of criminal prosecution needs to be looked into. They…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Economy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • state pensions

Subject: FW: Fwd: STATE PENSION - keep this going please

Read on and pass on:

Dear Prime Minister The RT. Hon. David Cameron, MP.

I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?"

I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER

(bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and

National Insurance contributions to the British Government all their

working life)

Weekly allowance: £106.00?

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN

(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever)

Weekly allowance:…

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Poverty & welfare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Condem the BBC for giving Farage more publicity than the other party leaders

Please support my campaign in regard to concerns about the coverage given by The BBC to Nigel Farage Leader of UKIP in the run up to The Euro/Local Elecion campaign. Farage does not speak for the interests of the people of this country and he opposes Maternity leave, Raising income tax for the poorest 80% of Britons and scrapping holiday entitlement as well as abolishing your human rights. These are the issues Farage and the BBC failed to mention to people. I want this petition to go to Tony Hall Director General of the BBC and James Harding Director of…

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Ensure the Dept of Health sets Health Visitor funding within the ring fenced Public Health budget when the funding transfers from NHS to LA

The government has been investing in Health Visitor services, pledging to increase numbers so all women and their babies and toddlers receive a good universal service and hundreds of new Health Visitors have been trained. When Public Health services transferred from the NHS to LAs in 2013 including the commissioning of school nursing services it was with a ring fenced budget protecting these services from Council cut backs. At this time it was planned that funding for Health Visiting would follow and also be commissioned by Public Health in 2015, once the the target for increasing Health Visitors numbers had…

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Public services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Against compulsory black boxes in cars to monitor vehicle movements.

On 18th May 2014, the Daily Telegraph printed an article entitled "Drivers without insurance 'black box' could be forced off the road within 10 years".

This article can currently be found at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/insurance/motorinsurance/10837263/Drivers-without-insurance-black-box-could-be-forced-off-the-road-within-10-years.html

I believe that this has the potential to infringe our freedom of movement, and once it is in place, such an infringement is but a short step beyond. I am also against the concept as the information provided by such a system could be used as a means of revenue generation through the automatic issuing of speeding and or parking fines. Then of course there is the…

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Stop T-mobile increasing fixed contract prices before the agreed term has passed.

Like thousands of mobile phone users, I have received a letter from my provider telling me that they are going to increase the cost of my contract half way through it term.
                          The excuse is that they need to keep up with inflation.
                          This is just another case of greed to provide the shareholders with bigger payouts.
                          Once we have signed a contract, we the user cannot change our mind or reduce what we pay for the services without paying a penalty.
                          A penalty should also apply to the phone provider, in this case T-mobile.

7 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/may/16/privatise-child-protection-services-department-for-education-proposes

May I implore you to lend your support and to champion the strongest outcry and opposition to this proposal.
                            G4S could not organise the security for mature, responsible adults (the Olympic Games) as well as failing to protect the general public from convicted prisoners at the same time as fraudulently overcharging for non-existent tagging of offenders, therefore how can they be charged with the responsibility for protecting the most innocent and vulnerable who have no voice of their own, let alone any recourse, redress or right of appeal.
                            Vulnerable children are at the mercy of professionals charged with their protection…

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Abuse of Residents by developers. Construction not Destruction

Save Earl's Court not only the Iconic Exhibition Centre but 77 acres of homes and businesses given over to high rises expensive accommodation. Compulsory purchase sof peoples homes. Doubling of rents on business properties so that they have to leave to make way for more expensive high rise properties.

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Nationalizing the parts of AstraZeneca that are based in the UK to form a publically owned company to work with the NHS.

Nationalize the parts of AstraZeneca that are UK-based to form a
                                publically owned company to work with the NHS. This would benefit patients and also support British Science and protect British jobs.

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • The fate of Papworth Hospital seems to need urgent attention. Perfect example of the true face of this governments policlies.

Raise the profile by usual methods- petitions etc. and support for local campaigners. plus former patients of this breakthrough hospital in treatment of heart conditions.

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Public services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • The anti-hunting ban should not be repealed or weakened

The government is being lobbied to relax the anti-hunting ban.

Environment officials are examining what they describe as a "viable amendment" to the Hunting Act, which would allow up to 40 hounds to flush out a fox to face waiting guns rather than two, a move that critics claim would effectively reintroduce hunting with hounds "through the back door".

The proposed amendment would be likely to use a parliamentary device known as a statutory instrument to amend the contentious 2004 act. Opponents of foxhunting predict that the move will be unveiled next month and it is has been claimed that…

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • NHS caredata scheme

I only found out about the care.data scheme by accident when a leaflet was delivered with a pile of other junk that usually goes straight in the bin.
                                      This care.data scheme is easily confused with the NHS Summary Care Record, so some people may already think they opted out last year. ( the latter was an internal NHS patient information sharing system that provided patient basic health details for emergency use to other direct health providers ie hospital. The patient could view their own information and provide further details. It never got off the ground and was abandoned last year!)

24 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Challenging diagnosis of dementia. Currently not funded as a medical condition, but as social care. Entirely a budget-driven diagnosis.

Momentum building from within care sector, for dementia conditions to be re-classified. Currently, dementia care funding is determined by a complex assessment process. If re-classified as a medical condition, similar to strokes/ other cardio-vascular , it would be covered as a medical issue and fully-funded. Probably one of the most explosive current issues in NHS care for this decade.

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Poverty & welfare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • STOP HMRC RAIDING PEOPLES BANK ACCOUNTS WITHOUT A COURT ORDER

Innocent people face having money taken straight out of their bank accounts under draconian powers to be used by the taxman.

A Treasury plan to allow HM Revenue and Customs to remove cash from bank accounts without a court order is “very concerning” because of its history of mistakes, a Commons committee said.

In a consultation document this week, HMRC said the "direct recovery" powers could be used to take money from joint accounts.

Treasury committee says that taxpayers could suffer “serious detriment” if officials are able, either by mistake or through an “abuse” of power, to take money from…

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Economy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Campaign suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base