Campaign suggestions

Welcome!

What is this part of the website for?
- 38 Degrees members decide together what we campaign on. One way members can suggest campaigns is through this part of the website.
- This part of the website also helps determine how popular campaigns are through the voting system.
- You can vote on campaigns other 38 Degrees members suggest here You have up to 10 votes you can use.

How can I suggest a campaign?
- If you’ve got an idea for what 38 Degrees should campaign on please share it here.
-By adding your campaign idea here you’ll give other 38 Degrees members the opportunity to comment, suggest improvements and vote on your idea.
- The most popular suggestions made here will be put to 38 Degrees members to discuss and vote on in other ways – e.g. on our facebook, twitter and blog, and through email polls.
- Get involved and have your say – your campaign might be the next to start an avalanche!

How do I use my vote?
- Every member has up to 10 votes, which you are free to use how ever you want.
- If you really keen on a particular campaign, you can use more than one vote. – We will email you when when your ideas are completed or deleted as your votes will return to you.
- You can also change your votes by clicking on them.
- You’ll get a digested email of any activity on your ideas, comments, status changes and admin responses.

What happens to my campaign suggestions and votes?
- 38 Degrees campaigns are driven by what members want to do. Uservoice one of a number of ways in which 38 Degrees members can say what they one to the 38 Degrees to work on.
- If an idea is really popular on this Uservoice part of the website 38 Degrees will consult members about the idea in other ways e.g. through discussions on our blog and Facebook group and through member surveys.
- Please note that an idea being popular on this part of the website does not guarantee that it will become a 38 Degrees campaign. This is because firstly this area of the site is not visted by all 38 Degrees members and secondly because it is possible for non-members to vote. This can potentially skew the results. If in a member survey the wider 38 Degrees membership says other issues are more important, those issues will take priority.
- If 38 Degrees members vote that an idea should be a priority in our main member survey as well as on this part of the web site, the 38 Degrees office team will start work to turn it into a campaign. You can see the results of these main member surveys here: http://blog.38degrees.org.uk/tag/poll/

Can I ask others to boost the ranking of my issue?
- It might feel tempting to try and boost the ranking of your favorite issue by encouraging loads of people not involved with 38 Degrees to come and vote for it.
- Please don’t do this — this is intended as a space for 38 Degrees members to discuss together what they want us to do.

Are there any rules?
- It’s really important that the 38 Degrees website is a place where we can all have a healthy debate – which is why we don’t moderate comments or campaign suggestions before they are published. However, to ensure our site stays family friendly we have a few rules that you can read here:
http://38degrees.org.uk/pages/comments-policy

I suggest a campaign about ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Against the US-EU free trade agreement which threatens all European public services as well as many regulations (Food, GMO, fracking, etc.)

The US-EU free trade agreement (TTIP : Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) is extremely important because it will make lots of struggles completely pointless, especially for the NHS but also against fracking.
    The most proeminent points of the TIPP are:
    - elimination of all trade tariffs and the reduction of all tariff barriers
    - more closely tied cooperation among the EU and US regulatory bodies protection
    - restriction of subsidies to state-owned enterprises (e.g: NHS, Education, Justice etc.)

Prioritising ‘regulatory harmonisation’ means bringing together the regulatory frameworks of the EU and the US, making them much more alike. Many areas…

330 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      16 comments  ·  Public services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • The dumping of Syrian chemical weapons into the Med.

Many countries border this vital sea whose capacity is small and already challenged by illegal flushing of oil tankers and tourist based pollution. Fishermen depend on it. Tourism depends on it. It is the lifeblood of man millions of people This latest insult to the biosphere may be one too many. We need to get the UN and national governments to tell us how much of this toxic crap is being dumped and we need an environmental impact analysis by an independent expert before this is allowed to continue

35 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • OUR QUEEN, HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH 11, TO RESCIND HER ROYAL ASSENT TO THE WELFARE REFORM ACTS 2012.

I SUGGEST PETITIONING OUR MONARCH, QUEEN ELIZABETH 11, TO RESCIND HER ROYAL ASSENT TO THE WELFARE REFORM ACT 2012, THAT HAS LEFT SO MANY OF HER SUBJECTS IN A STATE OF DESTITUTION AND RESULTED IN THE DEATHS OF THOUSANDS ALREADY.

27 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          9 comments  ·  Poverty & welfare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Iain Duncan-Smith should be charged with Corporate Manslaughter

The freedom of Information act should be used to calculate the number of victims of Iain Duncan-Smith and ATOS.
          Iain Duncan-Smith should be put on Trial charged with Corporate Manslaughter, face the consequences, and be banned from Public Office for Life.

70 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            9 comments  ·  Poverty & welfare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Stop takeover of AstraZeneca and other uk companies

Other countries protect their important industries and research facilities, lets not see losses like Cadburys.

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Economy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Arms Length Government Body to Repatriate Profits from ShortSelling

We need a government funded body to assess and claw back all profits ever made from short selling and redistribute those monies to the then legitimate true owners of the shares/paper. Sounds difficult, not very difficult. Create loads of jobs for fair-minded people. Reasons:- The shares/paper didnt really exist as they were not part of the issued share capital of the organisation concerned, therefore they notionally belonged to you and I, the legitimate owners of those shares/paper/bonds etc. Fairs Fair!

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Economy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • A total ban on halal & any other religious slaughter of animals here in the UK

We must ban this cruel method of slaughter here in the UK as Denmark has. Our Chief Vet has said it is cruel and the MP's must listen. Religious slaughter must end now.

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • people being charged £10 - £25 for GP or NHS appointments

For average hardworking people to write to their GP and advise them to inform the BMA to vote NO regarding the new charging service as their patients would no longer be able to afford visits to their GP. That the NHS should remain a free service and that by voting no we are protecting the vulnerable in our society, the young children, the elderly and those unable to cope who require constant support.
                  So write to your GP today and tell them to vote no to the BMA by the 22nd may 2014 and keep the NHS services free.

5 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Public services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • peeple getting in the way of selfies

WEN I TRY 2 DO A SELFIE THERZ AWAYS SUM1 GOING IN2 THE PIC I FINK WE MUST MAYKE A LAW THAT SAYZ U CANT DO THAT CUZ ITS RUDE AND RUINZ THE PICCHUR and den I get less likes
                    so if u see sum1 doin a selfie u got to get out the way Ic thowsansd of crap selfies on facebook 4 that reason

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Ban Flouride in UK drinking water.. Government plans to Flouridate ALL UK water

Leaked Government Paper - Government plans to flouridate all UK Ddrinking water. (mail online14th feb 2014)
                      Flouride is a toxic waste and poisonous the the human / environmental system.

Ministers will introduce the change in amendments later this month to the Water Bill, allowing the 28 strategic health authorities in England to order the fluoridation of water after local consultation.

A document signed by health and environment ministers last month concludes that opponents are in the minority and that 'this minority should not be allowed to deprive health communities from opting for fluoridation by insisting on an indefinite research programme'.

16 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Write letters to GPs to vote against charging for visits.

On 22nd May in York GPs will vote on whether to propose charging for GP visits. If they decide to do so this would set in motion the end of the NHS set up in 1948 'free at the point of use' and would ensure that poorer people will be unfairly disadvantaged. The majority of the population is against this and the only people who will gain are private healthcare companies who will suddenly be in demand, and their shareholders (including many MPs in the present government who are 'coincidentally' starving the NHS of funds). The proposal is for people…

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Public services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Support Lord Falconer's Lords Bill on assisted dying

I have just left an excellent public meeting at which this Bill was debated. There were various powerful arguments in favour of the Bill, including:

several powerful testimonies of personal experiences, mainly with long-suffering parents who wanted to end their life.
                          the Bill is not shortening life, it is shortening death!
                          the Bill is very narrow in its scope in order not to put people off.
                          the Bill is based on 16 years positive experience of similar legislation in Oregon
                          It is a citizen's right to choose when to die, and not parliamentarians, or medics.

Please support

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • ask andy burnam to scrap medical companies & revert back to the N.H.S. to do medicals

andy burnam should right a terrible wrong by axing these medical companies that were introduced by labour under tony blair like atos & capita.he should revert back to tests done by the N.H.S.where a more fairer test is done with medical records freely available which is not done so under the present regime it will also create more jobs in the N.H.S.

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Politics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Nepotism is corruption

In all areas of the jobs market - from the media to the NHS - I am either witnessing or hearing about nepotism in how positions and perks are being allocated and secured. It is often a familiar story: commonly someone ensuring that a relative gets a job, but there are also many instances of ethnic and gender favouritism going on. It's rife and has clearly worsened considerably since austerity policies began and the competition for jobs tightened. But it remains deeply wrong, unfair to our young people whatever their background... and at root corrupt. As with any form of…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Parliament should change the law on assisted suicide.

The Law Lords today say it's for Parliament to change the Law on assisted suicide, they should do so and end this cruel and barbaric insistence that a terminally ill person has to endure a painful and undignified end.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • It should be a Human Right to be helped to end ones life if terminally ill.

A prescription could be supplied for self administration where possible.

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Human rights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Wonga. Need for strict regulation and penalties.

Their recent £2.6 million fine imposed on Wonga by the FCA for malpractice (pretending parts of their operation were non-existent legal firms; highly illegal!) is petty cash for Wonga. The real question is why do they still have a licence to trade with a record of proven malpractice?

Withdrawing their licence, or altering it with much more restrictive conditions on what they can or cannot do, would seem to be the way forward here. It is what other European countries do with this sort of lender, after all.

Also the possibility of criminal prosecution needs to be looked into. They…

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • state pensions

Subject: FW: Fwd: STATE PENSION - keep this going please

Read on and pass on:

Dear Prime Minister The RT. Hon. David Cameron, MP.

I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?"

I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER

(bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and

National Insurance contributions to the British Government all their

working life)

Weekly allowance: £106.00?

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN

(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever)

Weekly allowance:…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Poverty & welfare  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Condem the BBC for giving Farage more publicity than the other party leaders

Please support my campaign in regard to concerns about the coverage given by The BBC to Nigel Farage Leader of UKIP in the run up to The Euro/Local Elecion campaign. Farage does not speak for the interests of the people of this country and he opposes Maternity leave, Raising income tax for the poorest 80% of Britons and scrapping holiday entitlement as well as abolishing your human rights. These are the issues Farage and the BBC failed to mention to people. I want this petition to go to Tony Hall Director General of the BBC and James Harding Director of…

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • End Manorial Rights

We are a campaign group, End Manorial Rights, seeking help from 38 Degrees to abolish manorial rights in England and Wales.

We are a group of residents from Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, who have recently learned that our homes are subject to previously unknown and recently registered “Manorial Rights”. These manorial rights are claims by wealthy landowners over commercial, local-authority-owned and private residential property they do not own and include surface rights (hunting shooting & fishing) and the right to extract minerals underground.
                                          WHY WE WANT TO CHANGE THE LAW
                                          These rights are some of the last few remaining ancient…

16 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base