I suggest a campaign about ...

Save Mrs S and Her Two Children

Sanctuary for Mrs S and family

Home Office ref: S1391610/1

Mrs S and two of her children arrived in the UK in November 2007 after suffering 15 years of violence in Egypt. Her youngest daughter remained behind and was helped by the Home Office to be reunited with the family safely in the UK. Despite this her case has now been refused and all rights of appeal have been exhausted. The whole family is under serious threat of honour-based violence and possibly even death if deported back to Egypt.

Mrs S has been seeking sanctuary from an abusive and cruel husband whose acts endangered her and her children’s lives for over 15 years to the extent of death and rape. The Egyptian authorities ignored this domestic abuse as her husband has close links with police, judges and other officials.

Mrs S should be granted international protection under the UN Refugee Convention as she holds a real and well-founded fear of persecution of her own life and that of her family. We call upon the Immigration Minister to grant Mrs S and her children the right to remain in the UK on compassionate grounds.

http://www.facebook.com/SaveSalehFamily?ref=stream

1,555 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric JinksEric Jinks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many named or nameless people should we take in.It is time to put a stop to it urgently.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my view the UK is not the nearest country Mrs S ( I don't know her name either ) could have gone to to claim asylum. Neither she or her offspring should be asking the UK for asylum.

• anglosaxon.13anglosaxon.13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any more for the bandwagon--? `Open the flood gates` Anyone who is not English are welcome!!
        Time we put a stop to this political eye wash. Where are the English Nations human rights?

• bobbybobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, we can't take in the worlds' supply of vulnerable people. Saw the video, horrible job to have to do. UKBA is so messed up but in this case they may be right. Not right morally or ethically. But maybe right in a legal and pragmatic sense. In response to the anonymous poster about Islam being a political doctrine; Isn't all religion political- religion is man made, everything man-made serves a purpose and is open to abuse. Religion controlled the masses and earned tithes, They made suicide a sin, closing a loophole- because how can you fight a crusade when your population is topping themselves for instant salvation? Mortal Sin My ARSE! Sorry to go off topic.

• HakeemHakeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why should we?
        There are native people in this country that have cruel and abusive husband, wife, partners lets help them instead.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry to hear about this nameless woman and the plight of her and her children.

However, and please correct me if I'm wrong as it is my understanding that; if a person flees a country for political reasons they are entiltled to ask for political asylum from the nearest country that will not immediately extradite them.

If I am correct I think you will find as in many of these cases that the UK is not the nearest country. All the countries on the Western Coastline of Mainland Europe are all nearer.

I also believe, again correct me if I'm wrong, that asylum can only be sought for political reasons. not religious, criminal or indeed personal reasons. This case appears to be the latter and is therefore presently nothing to do with the people of the UK or our laws.

Though I suppose there is some scope for interpretation of the law here as I believe from my reading of the Quran IMHO that Islam is a political doctrine and not really a religion as such.

• Andy MaufeAndy Maufe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The husband has not given voice here. That is undemocratic. We only hear one side of the story. How do people in Egypt feel about this case? Is this Egypt business or is it UK business? Human Rights?

although heart searching she and her children are a group of many thousands (millions?) in this crappy world of ours. One group allowed in will encourage thousands more.I do not see much response from the Muslim community here,

It is a difficult story because rthere are always two sides in any altercation, and at times where maritime law prevails many esoteric reasons, look at all the sacrificial stones in Egypt for example, but I gave it 2 votes because people deserve a hearing in Crown Court ,which can be costly and lengthy.

So much for the UK's promise to NOT detain children and to support women who have experienced domestic violence and abuse! their treatment of this family is disgusting, they should be ashamed of themselves and should grant them immediate leave to remain here so they can be safe!

• Freya de lisleFreya de lisle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely disgusting treatment! How can we call ourselves a civilised country if we condone this kind of treatment?

Please raise awareness by sharing this on facebook, by tweeting #savesalehfamily or by e-mailing Theresa May to ask her to stop this grave injustice.

• Alia ShuabAlia Shuab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was so close to them and it upsets a lot of people that they have gone . they were a great family and they have gone through so much and this to happen to them is just to good. i think the home office actually forgo about the bloody human rights. they don't deserve to all of this grief . i think the home office has forgotten that they are humans as well.

• FarahFarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very bad the way they are treated and had to be removed back from the UK after living, studyng and growing up in the UK and got on with life, with friends and dealing with everything. Now they have to be taken to place where non of them want to be and where they completly can't get on with life and this isn't fair on them where is the humen right it is so horrible to do this shit to them.

• abbey dudleyabbey dudley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its disgusting how the family have been treated,hopefully there will be some change and they will come back to the uk,its right for the family to be back here and carry there lives in the uk

• Adam WhiteAdam White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's fucking awful the treatment they have had, It sickens me that we (The UK Government) are allowing this to happen, hopefully there will be some change in the near future to stop this kind of shit happening. PS has anyone seen if you can send email updates to the people who voted on the campaign as there are a lot of updates happening with this and I think that the information above isn't in as much detail as it could be, maybe include links to the WalesOnline article and the Sprout Article http://www.thesprout.co.uk/en/news/uk-border-ageport-family/10025.html

• George SymingtonGeorge Symington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a cruel and inhumane decision that you ought to be ashamed of making.it is vital that you reconsider this especially inasmuch that the Mrs S has just slit her wrists in desperation at the imminent detention.You simply cannot allow this to go ahead and sleep with a clear conscience,so do the decent thing and rescind the decision to deport immediately.

This is such a terrible thing! Being a close friend of Ibby's I know that he and his family had made a new lives for themselves over here having being out of serious danger back in Egypt. I think that it is only right for the family to carry on with their lives in the UK!

• Eric JinksEric Jinks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NXwTOnzp8&feature=share

URGENT - they have issued the family with the details that they are going to put them on a charter flight PVT070 tomorrow morning. A charter is a private flight which has no members of the public involved

Please tweet @jonathanevansmp to ask him not to allow this morally unjust and brutal method of forced removal. This family deserve to be able to attend court on 13th November and receive a fair hearing of their case

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS.

• Alison JinksAlison Jinks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please vote for this petition - the situation is currently extremely urgent as the family have been detained 2 days ago (Thursday 18th October 2012) and could be deported at any time. A 38 Degrees petitition could be critically helpful right now - thank you!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base