I suggest a campaign about ...

A full enquiry into illegal waste being dumped by Blakeleys waste on an old chemical site in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire

30.07.2012 02:02
there was no a warning sign of any kind, no official of any sort present, no cordon, no notice - health warning - hazard sign - nothing.

Wigan coucil gave this rubbish its notice to leave as was being illegally dumped and why did hynburn council give the gree light to move it by blakely's into oswaldtwistle?

eighteen months ago a member of oswaldtwistle complained to the council about large lorries travelling down small lanes at stupid o'clock. the council explained it was merely wind farm equipment being moved for a wind farm that does not presently exist.

18 months later and the ossy community became infested with flies, same as wigan did oddly enough- what was supposed to be only card and plastic turned out to be household rubbish.

*** but the difference between wiggan and hundburn is the site at nook lane is a well known declared contaminated site***

the chemical plant that had already taken local life from its employee who constantly suffered with chest infections and the community that developed ms, was closed in 2006 and declared a contaminated site.

when the buildings were demolished, the concrete was left remaining to act as a safety mechanism and it was agreed the land should not be disturbed for at least twenty years. hyndburn coucil forgot?

hyndburn council decided to build a nature reserve surrounding an extremely dangerous toxic site. the idiots at blakely's decided it was a good idea to dig some very bif holes to bury the rubbish and have unleashed the smell of TCP back into the community 6 years after the plant has closed - all to save a buck.

after interviewing the environmental agency on site, it was explained that the fire service had been in regular attendence to see whats what and has expressly stated their men would not go near that black pit, which means it must be an extreme hazard to life as nothing stops firemen and women from saving life.

when asked, the ea said they would not be testing the black pit as they kknow whats in it and are taking water samples from the stream only to "appease the public". the public does not know whats in that pit but the ea and the coucil does. they knew long before the holes began to be dug on a chemical factories condemed contaminated site where mine shafts also run benath.

i would say its a bit of an ecological catastrophe to be perfectly honest.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Catherine BarnesCatherine Barnes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs editing ASAP. It is full of errors. Please check spelling before posting in the future.

• Catherine BarnesCatherine Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not about spelling or just for people who live in Oswaldtwislte, neither is it about a facebook page. Its about our environment that is being damaged.

• Lauren EverettLauren Everett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maryanne maybe before you published the article you you could of spell checked it first. Capital letters and the correct spelling make a big difference and until you have accomplished this i can not take you seriously. You begged to be banned from the group and admitted you was just on the site to p*ss people off. Your fake profile has also been found out. your not from Oswaldtwistle so leave us to get with the good work we have been doing way before you tried to interfere. Get a life you sad cow!!!

• Mrs. Charity SweetMrs. Charity Sweet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe that as the author of this article I have been completely 100% censored from commenting on ossy flies meeting group which is ok with me. That tells me that that I got too close to the truth. What does it tell you? I don't hold that against the good people of Oswaldtwistle and the ones who were always gunning for me know who you are and now so do i... you still did not stop me from getting to the truth, getting it out and preventing them digging up more hell from the ground for Oswaldtwistle although there is not a single word on that site left that I had written - that suits me fine. Ironic isn't it when the people of Ossy want the truth and the few are censoring the truth from getting out.
        sincerely maryanne aka charitysweet xxx

Feedback and Knowledge Base