I suggest a campaign about ...

Campaign to raise funds to fight cuts to disability benefits through the courts.

People with a disability are being targeted by the coalition government. While the fraud rate on DLA is only 0.6%, a rate that is too low to warrant investigation, the government are claiming in the press that large numbers of disability claims are fraudulent.

At the same time they are proposing DLA be replaced by a much lower benefit called Personal Independence Payments. The criteria for claiming this benefit will be draconian while the hardship inflicted on those with a disability will be huge.

We need to campaign for funds to challenge these changes through the courts.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Linda JonesLinda Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

done the avaaz 1 because not many people seem interested in our mission so thought maybe a wider audience could do some good but i am still going to try and get so called medical assessor into court if win appeal will only take 1 case to open flood gates so i am determined to give it a go nothing to lose by trying and votes on avaaz will be seperate issue from here

• Linda JonesLinda Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clifford. Only problem could be that the campaign on avaaz will compete with the one on 38degrees ie split the vote.

this is my petition link below i would appreciate it if you would sign and back me i feel it is a just and morale effort

i have been saying for months if i win my esa appeal i am going to try and take so called atos medical assessor to court for wrongful diagnosis causing me undue stress and depression because of money loss on his word i have all medical evidence to prove my injuries and disablement are directly linked to my former work yes folks a real live work related disabled person who is entitled to shout back after years of paying tax and ni 1case thats all it will take i don't even have to win just get it into court and that wiil start the people fighting back against atos and i will do it how dare they treat me with contempt and distain

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All on Disability Living Allowance as it stands up until April 2013 will be retested, to gain it as it is now DLA it's a very strict in depth assessment, true Doctors assess & medical records are used as proof, hence the 0.5% fraud on it as a disability benefit.
        From April 2013 with the restesting of all on it, the new criteria for Personal Independence Payment replacing DLA ( has been looked at closely & it will exclude over 500,000 who now already got it by that strict testing already done by medical professionals. This new criteria is so simple nothing is looked at in depth, so an almost yes & no criteria says you do not need help. This will be done to save 20% which will mean people who are vunerable, in real need with disability, severe illness already medically proved as on DLA already, will not get it anymore, not have enough to cope, pay for their needs & pay for care, help, equipment, special transport, so they can lead a safe & dignified life. It will imprison many in their homes, they will not afford care, lead to worsening mental health & isolation & deterioration in conditions & depression. These who need this support fight daily just to get through the days as they have through no fault of their own been born, have become disabled or too ill too lead straightforward lives. Disability isn't one size fits all, this test says it does, so it can exclude. It's simpy about taking away support, not catching any fraudsters, 0.5% & wanting at least 20% saved do the arithmetic! Disability is varied, changing & needs indepth medical assessment which is what it already had. We are heading for much hardship & a continuation of the Work Capability Assessment Charade that is happening already & has the BMA & some MP's against it

hi linda just started a petition on avaaz
        stop the working classes old sick and injured and disabled of the western world baring the brunt of savage cuts in the name of austerity
        lets see how that goes

Feedback and Knowledge Base