I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop cats from wandering freely in UK

Stop cats from roaming freely adopt the law from USA and keep cats as house cats only and forbid owners to let them wander neighbourhood

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JasonJason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gail HayerGail Hayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who owns a cat I am very aware of what my neighbours might think if my cat got/goes into their garden or onto their property, it would annoy me especially if I had or have to chase the cat/cats off their property.

I have gone to a lot of measures to ensure that my cat does behave itself when day and night, for one I have a bell attached to its collar so that other wildlife are aware it is there and also I have got a camera on its collar recording what it gets up to, I feed it well so that it does not need to hunt birds or pond fish.

I keep my cat indoors at night as well.

• AnnieAnnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really does work very well in America. It would be brilliant if that law was approved here

• AlpineAlpine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this will be an
        interesting debate to following.

I think something does need to be done about cats, my neighbour has recently got a cat and it keeps coming into my garden which is a nuisance especially as I have to chase it out 9 times a day. I have a bird feeding station in my garden because I enjoy watching the birds feeding an nesting in the bird boxes I've put up.

If I had a dog and let it roam like what cats do I would get complaints so surely people who are fed up of cats wandering are entitled to have their say too

• AlpineAlpine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is about time this issue was raised, cats are definately a nuisance where I live.

I have to chase my neighbour's cats out of my garden several times a day

Feedback and Knowledge Base