I suggest a campaign about ...

Royal Mail Fee2Pay

The Royal Mail fee2pay system is grossly unfair to the recipient of underpostage letters and parcels. Why should we pay a fine to receive what may well be junk mail!
There has to be a fairer way for them to recover their so called costs, although what was wrong with the tried and tested previous method eludes me.
It seems no more than a scam to extract money out of the curious and innocent recipient of such mail.
Enforceable address of sender on the reverse and required standard size envelopes is a much fairer method if there is indeed a major problem with mail costing.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrysyBrysy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SheilaSheila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had several of these cards and they have simply been due to an embossed greetings card! I ignore them now. I am sure there has to be a better way than this present method.

• AnnonymousAnnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ordered an item off ebay which was stated as free postage. I had a card put through my door from the Post Office informing me that I had to pay £2.74 to receive my goods.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it is very unfair to charge the recipient with the underpayment on a letter that not expected and is from an unknown sender,it shouldm be returned to sender or disposed of.

I have just received a demand addressed to a david david ( so good they named me twice?!) for £18.72 for something with a customs charge. I phoned them and they wont tell me what it is, but I aint ordered anything from abroad, I dont think? Hmmm. Off to the sorting office tomorrow to ask them to show me whatever this is at the window.

• Derek SykesDerek Sykes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just another rip-off by the seriously incompetent Royal Mail. I have THREE ffe to pays in the last month. Time for an end to this scam!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is penalising an innocent party. Where else is it right to pay a fine for something that you haven't done? And there's no sense of proportion. I've just received one for an 11p underpayment! I presume the company think that 11p is an excellent return for reduced customer satisfaction.

agree - some sort of way of identifying who it's from would be useful. it always annoys me when i get them. i would suggest privatising royal mail, except then redirection etc would no longer work and there would be competing mail vans all getting in each other's way

I agree totally. They put so much demand info on the card; surely they could at least include the postal area from which it is from. That might give us some clue as to whether or not we want it.
        As to the form that one is required to fill in at www.royalmail.com/fee2pay, words fail me. Before retirement I was a teacher/author/lecturer on computer technology, and I have NEVER seen anything so incompetent.
        Here is a tip to the student who compiled this page - some folks do not have a mobile phone, OK?
        To have your input page hold up because a mobile number is not inserted shows a lack of initiative and imagination.
        The letter inadequately stamped - send it back, or stuff it up your jumper.

• Mandy BrownMandy Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to pay for a letter I got send from a friend who paid postage in the Post Office. I don't see why I need to pay a £1.50 handling fee. Surely they can find another a more fairer way of making money. This is unjust & totally uncalled for

I had no indication on the card that mthe letter/parcel was addressed to me. I tried to pay via web site but fond this impossible. I am farily conversent with the internet. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I shal have to go the office to collect. Im hopem it is not junk mail - there is not indication of sender.

The £1.handling fee is a JOKE!!!!!.....Come on Royal Mail......wasn't the MASSIVE jump in stamp prices not ripping the public off enough?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
        I, like most of the country, am pi**ed off with it all, and won't be using RM if I don't have to!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base