I suggest a campaign about ...

The welfare of the pig

Recently in the media, there have been some horrendous stories about how the pig is being treated, things like burning, kicking, operating without pain relief and even leaving sows with their snouts tied 'til they die.
The RSPCA are supposed to police these things but really looking to be turning a blind eye to what's really going on, isn't it time in a modern society that the way we treat animals is, ultimately a reflection of our society?
dont we need a campaign for greater protection of the pig through it's life?

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    barry hearthbarry hearth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • V LawsonV Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Pigs are highly intelligent animals and some (not all) farmers treat them terribly. If people eat these animals, they should campaign for their welfare, because ultimately you are ingesting cruelty and bad karma. If, like me, you do not eat meat, because you have great empathy for all beings, please join this campaign to make a difference to these animals that can't speak up for themselves, or defend themselves. By not taking action, we are condoning suffering.

Feedback and Knowledge Base