I suggest a campaign about ...

We need to campaign against religious groups suggesting they can cure illnesses like HIV.

I write this as I am offended and insulted by the way some religious groups are saying that by or through God they can be cured of illnesses like HIV. These organisations are insisting that people living with HIV stop taking there medication and attend sessions in groups to enable the cure.

This I feel is not only wrong, but indeed dangerous. Please put your vote to ban these religious groups from continuing this deed in this and other countries across the globe.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael ANTHONY SnaithMichael ANTHONY Snaith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael ANTHONY SnaithMichael ANTHONY Snaith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People living with HIV often go through many problems and the idea of going to a religious group to be cured is not only dangerous, encouraging people to stop taking medication is not good spiritual practice and therefore could kill the person sooner rather than later. This also creates more mental health and well-being problems in the future of a persons life.

I am not saying that people living with HIV should not have a relationship with God, as prayer has some benefits to living a long life and we all accept that God moves in many ways into our lives. I feel this is morally and ethically wrong to teach that God is the only way to living longer with HIV.

Feedback and Knowledge Base