I suggest a campaign about ...

Close the UK Traffic Enforcement Centre, Northampton

the decriminalisation of traffic offences means that every motorist who receives a ticket is automatically judged as guilty by a batch certification process at the TEC. There is no right of appeal. The fact that your local authority believes that you are guilty of a contravention is enough. The TEC simply rubber stamps the application without even knowing who the accused is nor what offence he stands accused of. Furthermore, the DVLA breach the Data Protection Act by supplying your local authority with your details, the local authority repeat that breach by giving then to the TEC who don't use them, but send them back. At which point the local authority then break the Law again by providing this information to third party bailiffs who will use it to try to steal your car and charge you a huge service fee for doing so. So you can lose your car, have a charge put against your house and have money deducted from your wages because of an unproven assumption. The TEC is NOT a judicial Court: it is an administrative centre only, despite unlawfully using the stamp of the Northampton County Court. It is a blight on the lives of the British motorists and must be wiped out, root and branch. It is wrong that there should be an automatic assumption of guilt, and no right of appeal - and no-one to appeal to.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    OuldbobOuldbob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fionnuala McCarthyFionnuala McCarthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more further I think it a monstrous tsystem that allow bailiffs to increase 10 fold an original debt by adding on unreasonable and extremely disproportionate charges. It seems to me that any country that allows such a system of abuse of powers should be ashamed. Bailifss seem to add any number of charges and simply list these as enforcement fees and levies plus adding surcharge paying for the ransom of a car by debit card.

I understand that as yet no government has consolidated the statutory instruments (let alone brought forward primary legislation)in respect of control of bailiffs. I strongly believe the Government should put in place a system for people to complain to (such as an independent ombudsman service) because the systems available tp citizens at present do not work and offer no protections..

Feedback and Knowledge Base