I suggest a campaign about ...

Keep Religion out of Psychiatric Hospitals

Chaplains in Psychiatric Hospitals is confusing and exploitative. Psychiatric Patients are trying to adjust to the idea of taking medication for brain chemical imbalances, and some have "religious delusions" as symptoms so it is insulting too. Plus Psychiatric Patients do not need to be in a disadvantaged position when they are released to their ordinary lives, in a position to be taken in by money-hungry televangelists or cults.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    J WrightJ Wright shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. Our society is turning its back on the spiritual dimension and becoming bleaker and darker as a consequnece. Sky faries? Well, prove to me the unequivocal existence of the number 7. Or Pi. Or in fact of number. Explain to me what the concept of information of any kind relates to in the absence of consciousness to evaluate it. Belief generally damages nobody and providing troubled people with spiritual support during times of stress and need is an important contribution. I agree that such counsel should be free from evangelism, but in my own experience, it is.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea.

How can someone who talks to a sky-fairy counsel someone who has delusions?

If someone has an invisible friend they are insane, if lots have the same 'friend' it is a religion!

Feedback and Knowledge Base