I suggest a campaign about ...

Water Shortage Due to Too Many Houses Built in The UK

The current water shortage has been caused by overpopulation of the UK. Even though almost all gardens in our local area (Surrey) are still quite muddy for cutting lawns etc there is a hosepipe ban.

Over the past 30 or so years developers have been out of control, especially under Tony Blair as the top parties get so many 'donations' or bribes as they really are from these people. Deliberate relaxing of immigration has helped create the house expansion.

So many houses have now been built and no money put towards extra facilities to supply all these houses.

The construction industry must pay from the billions of profits they have made at our expence and ALL DEVELOPMENT TO BE BANNED IN THE UK until there is enough water to go round.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark HopkinsMark Hopkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HuwHuw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's only the wasteful south east which is short of water, the rest of the uk is fine. Perhaps its privatising the water companies, so they take their profit and pay their shareholders and don't bother fixing the leaking infrastructure that is the problem....
        Dwr Cymru (welsh water) is a non-profit water company (much like the old nationalised water system) which is why we have no problems whatsoever in wales. Water prices are not to high, and any profits go back into the infrastructure. Perhaps the greedy english could learn a lesson?

Feedback and Knowledge Base