I suggest a campaign about ...

Amazon Corporate Taxes

I was a great fan of Amazon until I found out today that despite Billions of revenue in the UK it PAYS NO CORPORATE TAX!
Email Amazon to demand that it pays fairly which may mean it ignores the legal loophole it exploits by registering in Luxemburg as a 'delivery agent'. Whenever you submit feedback to Amazon or make an enquiry add the words 'Pay Your Taxes!'

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MelMel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our bookshops are closing down, publishers sell in amazon at a lost, just to be there, they pay their taxes and are struggling and closing down, amazon only business is to siphoned money out of the UK...

• dickie twortdickie twort commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i too am a great fan of amazon, and a heavy user - but i strongly believe my favourite companies should show a corporate morality (even if that puts the price of books up!)

• MikMik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A loophole is an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a contract or law that provides a means of evading compliance. We pay taxes to have our law makers properly formulate our laws. Loopholes should not be the norm but if unavoidable fixing them rapidly should be the norm. Get all this right and we would not need to pursue each and every organisation that exploits these legal weeknesses. Perhaps we should start with our politicians.

• Iain NelsonIain Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did use Amazon a lot but have now stopped and emailed to tell them why they won't be getting my business. It's a pain as they are cheap and convenient but you can get the stuff elsewhere and you have to make a stand at some point!

• abdulabdul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly support this campaign. In addition I suggest that we organise a boycott of Amazon until they respond positively. In addition there should be a website which lists all corporations which pretend to be British but do not pay any UK taxes for actual UK based operations. In understand this should include I-Tunes and Boots.

Feedback and Knowledge Base