I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop the trashing of our countryside by off-roaders

Our footpaths, bridleways, unprotected ancient monuments and historic Commons are being ruined by incursions from illegal, unlicensed, uninsured motorcycles and quad bikes.

We would like to see harsher penalties for illegal off-road quad bikes and motorcycles, and those driving legal vehicles such as 4X4s and registered quad bikes/motorcycles, who abuse our countryside.

We would also like to see stricter controls over the sale of off-road vehicles such as quad bikes and scrambling bikes.

Ultimately we would like to propose that all motor vehicles should be required to license their vehicles and display a registration number.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert SouthallRobert Southall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KatieKatie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This selfish hobby is ruining the gorgeous countryside for everyone. They churn up the hiking trails and are noisy and antisocial, as well as dangerous.
        Please ban off road vehicles everywhere apart from designated areas that are well away from everyone else!

• Grace LloydGrace Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These beautiful places are being destroyed by selfish ignorant people. Save our countryside for generations to come.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone who has their life or well being threatened by offroad motorbikes will welcome a licensing system that identifies owners

• Robert SouthallRobert Southall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The last point should read:

Ultimately we would like to propose that all vehicles, including those used for sporting activities, should be required to license their vehicles and display a registration number

Feedback and Knowledge Base