I suggest a campaign about ...

Oppose planned legislation to allow police and intelligence officers to monitor everybody’s messages online ‘on demand’ and in ‘real time’

‘‘This is an unnecessary extension of the ability of the state to snoop on ordinary innocent people in vast numbers." [David Davies MP]

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing’ [Edmund Burke]

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boiling frogboiling frog shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TravisherTravisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evidence given to the Select Committee on the Communications Data bill.
        Malcolm Hutty from London Internet Exchange (LINX), Nicholas Landsman from Internet Service Providers Assoc. (ISPA) and Jimmy Wales founder of Wikipedia gave oral evidence to the select committee.
        <http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=11355>

These are sound and powerful arguements against the government's snooping bill.

• Angel LaughtonAngel Laughton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Article 8 of the Eurpoean/UK Human rights act... You have the right to respect for your private and family life, your home AND CORRESPONDANCE... This right can only be restricted in SPECIFIED circumstances.. This communictations act is in breach of Eurpoean/UK law.

• SuetoriusSuetorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This includes all phone calls as well. Do we want the UK to become an overbearing police state? Because this is where this is heading.

Feedback and Knowledge Base