I suggest a campaign about ...

Against UK Government proposal to monitor internet use - the greatest threat to privacy in the history of this country

The government's claim that the ability to monitor the internet and email will allow it to combat crime and terror is spurious. As has always been the case, the serious criminals will find ways around the new controls, while the innocent will lose their privacy. This was once a free country - it is turning into a police state!

155 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Israel NymanIsrael Nyman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are under a dictatorship they say they are worried about crime and yet plans to give our security to the private sector this will not effect them once again ordinary people will bare the brunt of one sided thinking monitoring the internet is just another step to total control over us i have never seen a goverment like this for blatantly giving favour to the rich and treating the working classes old sick injured and disabled with so much contempt and distain there arrogance and ignorance will not allow them to see there policies are ruining our country more than helping it is the cowards way to victimise the weak and accept no blame for there own wrong doings

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think many people would happy to have their email and web history kept by the police, if they could see it happening.
        So we could illustrate the point by suggesting that people sending emails add a CC: for the Police, Home Office, Nick Clegg or whatever? Since they will be getting it as a BCC anyway.
        Or we or someone could produce a leaflet with instructions to save browser history and then send it onto the government.
        We could describe an App that would do this and ask people if they'd like it.

• Paul GubbingsPaul Gubbings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Government is terrified that free thinking people will be able to organise and coordinate opposition to their economic stranglehold. They fear web sites like 38 degrees will promote real democracy and loosen their control and dominance over the populace. They wish to target and disrupt any attempts to deliver real democracy, that's the truth and not some notion they peddle to further panic the brainwashed sheeple in to the belief that its necessary to counteract the threat of terrorism. Laws already exist, which allow a suspects communications to be monitored.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is not an April Fool then it is a very ill thought and potentially dangerous move by this government. We are constantly being monitored by CCTV, some organisations monitor telephone calls for 'training purposes' and the Human Rights legislation removes our Human Rights in many ways (particularly freedom of speech). We are now told that we will be continually monitored in our private lives and homes when we email someone or surf the net. Even though the government have said it would only be cursory monitoring and only in depth if someone was suspected of criminal or terrorist activity. Hands up all those who believe that this is what would happen in reality - this is the the thin end of the wedge. If the government are monitoring this - take the point!

Has anyone noticed todays date - 1st April? Now that is what i call the best April fools trick since the the BBC spoof "growing spagehetti on trees". Sadly as our Government wouldn't know what to do with a sense of humour if the saw it I believe that they really do want to snoop further into each and every British citizen's "Private" life. Wow the things we ordinary folk do...... a complete mystery to those exhalted few who hold our best interests in their grubby little hands.

Britain is seeing a wave of attacks on our privacy at the moment, this is the latest law in alot that is trying to get through highlighted in the below BBC article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

Please ask the citizens of the world to help us in our plight by presenting a campaign and a petition signed by as many as we can as soon as possible to stop this disgraceful bill going through. They are proposing we create a state of monitoring equal to that of China or Iran! We the people of Britain, do not want a police state.

Please help us,

Yours sincerely,

James Clephan Palmer

Feedback and Knowledge Base