I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop Fast Track Asylum Process For Colenatane Lopez (Sade)

Coletane Lopez ( Sade) is being held in a Yarl’s Wood detention centre in London after Claiming Asylum on Tuesday 13 March 2012. She was detained without notice and placed on a Fast Track Asylum Process. She has been denied any legal representation after being informed she would have legal representation immediately. She is now suicidal and on Hunger strike due to the unfair treatment and deliberate delay in providing her with a Solicitor. Sade has now very little time to prepare a legal case, and will only have a few days to appeal if her asylum claim is refused and will be removed from the UK

Sade who is in fear of severe human rights abuse if returned to her country of origin after being in the UK for 12 years is not getting fair consideration of her asylum claim under the United Kingdom’s “detained fast track” asylum system

249 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    marian campbellmarian campbell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rowanne CampbellRowanne Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you to everyones support Coletane has been released from the detention centre and her fast-track application has now been stopped! Her case is still ongoing so she still needs the full support she has been getting. Thanx for likeing this page, voting on the 38 Degrees page and also watching the Calender News Report on Youtube. It has all been appreciated very much <3

• Coletane LopezColetane Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well today has been olright. The food was decent hahaa. Staff was okai. But still not happy that i'm in here. Can't wait to get out and see everyone. Miss my boys most of all. Got a picture with them in my room to remind me what i'm looking forward to see when i get out. I didn't know i had that many support. As i'm a quiet person i don't tell people about my business. So thank you again everyone for your support. :). Lots of Lo0vce coletane. xxx

• Coletane LopezColetane Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you everyone for your support. Being detained is very scary ans very depressing. And your just coped up in your room, or just walking around. And the staff are so rude as well. When they see you they look down on you. Only a few of them are nice to you. Only a few treat you fairly, but the majority of them have no manners about them. In here your alienated. You haven't got anyone to talk to. And you make friends but you have to be careful with them. But its not nice in here at all. Its a prison. Everywhere is locked up. When its lunch or dinner time they close all the doors. So you can't go nowhere and you have different units. And the canteen you have to line up and when they put the food on the plate they throw it down like when you throw a bowl to a dog for it too eat its food. And the food is the most disgusting food i've tasted. can't aite to get put of here.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me and Coletane is coming from school days we both came from Jamaica around the same time, this is our home, she has loving friends and family here that cares and love her very much, we are all heart broken from this devastating news because there is no reason for any of this.I can only related to this due to the fact that me and Coletane grew up together in England, Jamaica is not home for us, when we have grown up here our lives are build here in England. She is such a great person to have as a friend i wouldn't want to loose her. Nickeisha x

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sade is like a sister to me! its so sad to hear what has happen to her she is one of the most loving person I know! And she need to say here with friend and family who loves her dearly!!

• Mark WilliamsMark Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for The Voice newspaper. Do you have the contact information for the family? I'd like to feature the story in this week's paper. However, our deadline is Tuesday evening.

• marian campbellmarian campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to Anonymous. we require you to vote on this issue on this campaign and also sign the petition we have started.youcan also spread the word to get others to vote.

all votes and petition will then supoort Miss Lopez to have the chance to have a formalised asylum process and not rushed through.
        so please continue to vote and spread the word.
        thanks to all those who have already posted a vote or 3.

Feedback and Knowledge Base