I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban 'sex for sale' advertising in all media

I want the Government to introduce legislation which will make it illegal for "sex for sale" advertisements to appear in any media. The legislation should cover all aspects of advertising including paper, electronic or other media and should also apply to those who promote, publish, distribute or otherwise allow such advertising.

Sex of all kinds is readily available to purchase through ads in newspapers, Adult Services classified Ads, on the internet. Fraud, deception and violence pull vulnerable women and children into the "sex trade" against their will. Traffickers earn huge tax-free profits through forced prostitution. Sex advertising increases the demand for prostitution and fuels human trafficking. We ban tobacco and alchohol advertising, why do we allow this?

273 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jo MaidmentJo Maidment shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ita HawkingsIta Hawkings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an extremely iimportant issue and I wholly agree with Jo. This government should ban all advertising in relation to sex for sale. Human trafficking is totally abhorrent and any advertising that allows this practice to continue should be made illigal as a matter of priority.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on everyone this campaign deserves your votes. Trafficking is against human rights and must be stopped. Those who traffick women and children make so much money they will carry on until they are stopped. If the demand were curbed by banning sex for sale advertising it would at least make a difference.

• jackie gloynjackie gloyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many young girls are brought to this country under false promises of legal employment. They are beaten, subjected to horrendous sexual and physical abuse and then their services advertised by the traffickers who take almost all their earnings. Banning these advertisements would help to lessen this trade.

• jean clarkjean clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so important to protect vulnerable women & children from being coerced into the 'sex trade' against their will

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Women and girls are trafficked, forced into prostitution by fraud, deception and violence; they have no voice, and are invisible to us. But we, the public, can say no to this blatant trading of women for sex against their will and help put a stop to this dreadful trade.

• Penny BartlettPenny Bartlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully support this idea as Jo points out why do we ban tobacco and achohol ads but not 'sex for sale'.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base