I suggest a campaign about ...

40 Days To Block Royal Assent To The Health Bill

My name is John Langley, and the original driver behind the campaign to petition the Monarch to NOT grant Royal Assent of the Health Bill.

Since starting this campaign on Twitter at 6am yesterday (March 8th 2012) I have so far engaged the support of Lord Toby Harris to be the conduit for rallying the support of his House of Lords colleagues in petitioning the Queen.

It isn't as simple as communicating with Her Majesty direct, as it requires the 'Barons' to petition on our behalf.

The right to petition the Monarch is embedded in Article 61 of the Magna Carta, and as Common Law takes precedence over Statutory Law and is therefore equally embedded within our Constitutional rights.

On the Coronation of Her Majesty, she took an oath to act within the best interests of her people and uphold our wishes.

The Health Bill, as it currently stands, is about breaking up our NHS by the back door towards privatisation in a way which is a win-win for the current Government regardless of the result at the next general election.

If they succeed in their current actions it opens the door to further privatisation legislation being introduced at a later date because they have set a precedence.

If they win by having this Health Bill made statutory and open up further possibilities prior to the next general election and they happen to lose governance to one of the other parties, then it places the incoming Govermnent in a position where it is too far forward to back down from and there is no alternative except to proceed with the Tory/LibDem legacy.

A win-win either way.

If you don't want to see the Health Service broken up into small pieces like British Rail then you absolutely HAVE to support this campaign and stop Royal assent

382 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Langley BristolJohn Langley Bristol shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope Lord Howe will manage to recruit the 25 Barons to upport him on this, and that the Queen i more inclined to listen to her people than those we voted in!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I placed the idea above before reading this by John Langley. Please ignore my suggestion and support this one instead, which is far better thought out.
        I doubt that the Queen will welcome the idea that the year of her jubilee will remembered instead as the year that the NHS was destroyed.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base