I suggest a campaign about ...

Tax large volume land owners

Hi guys, I gust this email finds you well. I an convoacting you because I have recently learned the following intimation which strikes me as a huge issue of further inequality within the tax system, it relates to how farmers get away with paying death duties on their holdings? Many people think that large land owners should be paying more not less tax on the basis that, for every pound of council money spent on local infrastructure an acre of farm land increases in cost thus farmers benefit significantly from the council money spent. This combined with the fact that being a farm owner seems to discount you from inheritance tax. Nice to be a wealthy land owner eh? There has been much talk historically of a land tax (started by Winston Churchill before he swapped sides do the conservatives) but according to a recent financial times article the problem is that for all land owners to be assessed for the size of their holding would take well over 4 years (hard to beleive with todays technologies) and thus give the benefits of the exercise to the next government, thus wealthy landowners/farmers have been untaxed for this huge financial benefit. I think if you were to get behind this huge taxloophole a massive amount of funds could be generated for the publication coffers and hopefuly stop/reduce some of the huge cuts that have been aimed at public workers and the general public.

I would be very interested in your response, many thanks in advanc

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...