I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,505 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

404 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did anyone e-mail Ed Miliband and get a response ?

If so I am curious to here what the reply was if you dont mind, Thank You.

If you have not written to Ed Miliband yet asking him to join a march and do a speech here is his e-mail address : ed.milibad.mp@parliament.uk

• Nicholas.Nicholas. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea Geoff. There is a protest on Saturday against Branson's Virgins attempts to leech off the health market by the way...haven't found info just this minute as am busy......!!

• Geoff BarrGeoff Barr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am all in favour of a demonstration, but time is short. The Queen is about to offer her support for the Bill and then it becomes law.

We need to consider step by step opposition to every move to privatisation. We can make it clear that every company applying to steal bits of the NHS will pay a high price even if they have bought some politicians.

• Alex MooreAlex Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support a mass demo, though just on a side note, it wasn't the mass demo that defeated the poll tax, but the mass non payment of 18 million people that did it!

• Stuart GrahamStuart Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Gaitskill said " We must fight, fight and fight again" to protect and defend the NHS. Do not sit on your hands - if you live in a tory or Liberal constituency go and see your MP at his surgery this weekend and give them hell if they say they are going to vote for it. Tell them you will go out 'on the knocker' at the next election to remind voters of their lies and duplicity.

Everyone e-mail Ed Miliband at ed.miliband.mp@parliament.uk asking him to join these marches and to give a speech in support.

Post Ed Milibands e-mail address everywhere and anywhere there is support. Spread it far and wide and lets see if he is really passionate and with the people to protect what is ours, the NHS.

Please, please, please post Ed Milibands e-mail address where ever there may be support and NOW. Thank You.

• Oceana Masterman-SmithOceana Masterman-Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Join us outside the department of health in Whitehall on March the 17th and flood the streets with the sheer amount of people who care about free healthcare. The Government intend to vote the bill through on the 19th – let’s give them something to think about as they vote!"

• Deborah JonesDeborah Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we HAVE to all get out on the streets ASAP to stop this legislation from going through.
        This is UK`s `Arab Spring' moment. We have to stop this dictatorship NOW !!!

• Anne MarkeyAnne Markey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have to understand just what this bill will mean to N.H.S. This is not the time to bury our heads and hope someone else will do something.We all need to support the protest, and a countrywide march is a good idea.Please everyone get behind a protest march people power can change things.

• tim bastabletim bastable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let's do this!! I've supported 38 degrees from the start and I think you are doing a great job but you have the connections to make this happen

• Nicholas.Nicholas. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The government can ignore the popular will up to a point, and they do it at their peril. What would be morally unacceptable is NOT to demonstrate, as they will surely claim that as a sign of consent.

While we are all discussing marching which the government can ignore, please may I once again draw your attention to a simple matter of casting a vote.
        The ONLY person in this country with the power to prevent this bill becoming law is Her Majesty the Queen.
        All the background work has been done by the O/P. a working mechanism to attain this is in place.
        The idea to campaign by e-mail to block royal assent only has 125 votes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base