I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,503 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

404 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, re e-mailing Ed Milliband & any other activity suggested on this thread apart from the O/P. None of these activities yet have the endorsement of 38 degrees.
        Personally, I printed off 500 copies of the main active sites on the Health & Social Reform issue & distributed them to the general public today.
        The general response has been, "Don't be silly they can't privatise the NHS there's be uproar & they'd never get re elected". My reply has been "Well they did it in New Zealand & got away with it".
        It's something to be getting on with, while waiting to see if we get enough votes to march.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iM NOT SO SURE IF EVERYONE IS UNITED ON THIS THREAD THOUGH !

I suggested that everyone e-mail Ed Miliband to get him to join a march and do a speech then let me know on this thread if they have received a reply and I have not had a response from either him or anyone on this site.

People seem to talk the talk but not respond.

• AlisonAlison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes if all the organisations opposed to this dismantling of the NHS can get together and co ordinate they will muster huge support. Also there needs to be other types of well planned targetted actions. I am not advocating violence etc but the gloves are off. If this Bill becomes law in the teeth of such widespread and informed opposition, then we have to up the ante and make this Bill the Government's Poll Tax.

• gitagita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I am unable to make it I fully oppose the Bill as I feel it is the most unfair and ruthless attack on the social fabric of society. Totally led by fat cats who only want to make society to those who have and those who won't have! Saddened by the fact that my children will think this is "normal".

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the huge march, or many smaller marches all round the country.

• john hodgsonjohn hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a well organised and manipulated media in this country, the only protests they will report are riots,so all opposition to this junta will be seen as illegal and dealt with accordingly by Virgin Securities.

• ChristineChristine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I am disabled and bedridden/ housebound with an autistic son who needs full time care and my husband looks after both of us. However I would support the idea of a peaceful march. Is it possible for marches to be organised without minority trouble makers attending which would undermine the whole effect. The Welfare Reform Bill and the NHS reforms jointly are David Camerons 'PollTax'. Unfortunately we can't use the same tactics such as non-payment...

1 2 6 8 10 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base