I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,506 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

405 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This bill is set to kill the last of what is british in this country,it is time for everyone to do something dont sit on your arses moaning get up and get heard LETS USE OUR VOICE'S!!!

• libby stubbslibby stubbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THEY will not listen, let's MAKE them, we need to get on to the streets in a peaceful way, no shirkers, the NHS belongs to us all, the people of this country. Our NHS is the JEWEL IN OUR CROWN and this bunch must NOT destroy it................

• Ken KirkKen Kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We must redouble our opposition, we can't let them get away with this, it's scandalous. So yes, a march is an excellent idea.

• CommentisCommentis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My tory MP was accused of not declearing a potential conflict of interest over the controversial reforms of the NHS. Had not declared the size of his shareholding, but as he is the former Chairman and Chief Executive of the company, so likely to be significant.
        Part of the portfolio is for "strategic communications" for several private medical and pharmaceutical firms, and claims are some of these companies will benefit from the reforms being considered.
        However, he built up the firm and remains a non-executive chairman and majority shareholder, but stated he was not part of the running of the buiness anymore.
        Well thats ok then.

Its got to be another Poll Tax Event Block the main srtreets of London with Placardsof names and adresses of Private Companies some People could
        even be out side these adresses whilst the rest of continue to block street
        especially around Parliment Tralalgar Square Diferent meeting points I think
        just a March is to late now Block rthe Traffic the Streets Raliway Stations Target
        also those doing the damage in their Constiituencicies thats a job for those who cant get to London who want to do something We could even get football Supporters to do something Hold a big Banner up for all the TV Watchers to seeEtc

• CountMeInCountMeIn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a march for every NHS hospital in the country, so people could go out to defend their own local one. I don't suggest marching to the hospitals themselves, because of the patients, but a march that went past, or near, each hospital, with its name on the banners, would be good, focussed and local enough for people to get to and be engaged with.

• Stuart WhiteStuart White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what we need. We need a march as big as the march against the Iraq War. No: bigger!

• S MurgraffS Murgraff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A huge march is highly desirable and, if we are really to achieve anything, necessary; how to get it organised is another matter.

• Louise IrvineLouise Irvine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday there was a 600 strong march from BMA House to the NHS rally. It was organised by some doctors in the London regional Council of the BMA. We thought it was going to be a small feeder march to the NHS rally. We expected about 50 maybe and Police said we'd have to walk on pavement. In the end about 600 came (many doctors but also many other health workers, students, members of the public), and we got too big for the pavement and marched down the road. It was impressive - banners, chanting, drums, passing cars tooting. If thats the kind of turnout we get from a modest call via Twitter etc to support what was billed as a "doctors' walk" - just think what the response would be to a call for a national demonstration!

Somehow the call to come out must influence the Tory MPs in shire constituencies. Several protests directed at Conservative and LibDem MPs would stop Lansley and Cameron rejecting the protest as coming from usual suspects.

We need to show we mean business about our beloved NHS. Let's get a massive march organised as soon as possible

Feedback and Knowledge Base