I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,506 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

405 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • THTH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Direct action against private healthcare companies!

Let's hurt their profits, because that's the only thing they care about (they have bribed the politicians to privatise the NHS).

Info, tips, targets here: https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23BlockTheBillBuilders (#BlockTheBillBuilders twitter hashtag).

Everybody is welcome, everybody can organise, everybody can call and participate in actions.

Organising is hard, so let's help each other (info, spreading the word, criticism, improvements, other actions (all around UK, not just London). Diversity of tactics.

There's a demo against NHS privatisation on 18 March in London: https://www.facebook.com/events/259316034152478/ which is a good opportunity for direct action as well.

It's up to us

• dodgydosserdodgydosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to: Jackslaterisbest: Everyone should definitely support the demo called for Sunday (see jack's link) there is also a Keep Our NHS Public picket of the Department of Health(y profits) Whitehall SW1A 2NS (opposite the Cenotaph) on Saturday 17th March at 2:30 (the day before). There you go - that's your weekend sorted. We can't have too many demonstrations!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's march.
        Concentrate on London but also every major city.
        Please consider planning it for a w/e to allow NHS staff to attend in force too. They cannot & will not abandon their patients.

• Gary HillsGary Hills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be happy to join any mass march to save our NHS. Its time to get angry and show that dictator Cameron his view and that of his Cabinet are worth nothing. He lost the election and has no mandate for anything he does.

The NHS is vital to the UK, the destruction he is planning is horendous and we should all stand together and make it clear this bill must be scraped!

• g wardg ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree , i am involved in many groups so will discuss and hopefully add our voice to march

• John SladeJohn Slade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well to do this is to convince the dumbed down Public that their Health is at risk and I have been on many Campaigns trying to convince them and when approached typical phrases are used "got no time now","not interested," "never be able to do anything about" If it was Sport or Football they would be up in arms over it

• Patients WatchdogPatients Watchdog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we would like to help, however why can their not be a few walks on the same day same time? for people from the north to travel, it both costs and takes time, why can we not have say 3 marches Leeds, Birmingham and London or manchester

As usual you have come out with an excellet idea. All of our supports should join in and teach Cameron not to mess up our NHS and the Social Care Bill.

• Eleanor HalsallEleanor Halsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not in the UK until the middle of April. I joined Wednesday's march 'online' and would like to be able to do the same again. I know it's not great, but it is all I can do to add my support. We must show all the resistance and opposition we can.

• Brian HennessyBrian Hennessy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the NHS can only be saved at this late hour by this evil intentioned Bill being totally stopped from implementation. A March to Parliament is the most obvious and visible sign of opposition ,But(?) there must be a huge turnout to force the point home.

• SuziSuzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We must do this sooner than later IMHO we have dragged our heels too much and need to quickly raise awareness, mobilise the people and get a vote of no confidence in this government ASAP. The health and well being of the nation is NOT safe in their hands. Rid the country of apathy and get some fire in our belly particularly the younger generation who this will affect in a big way in the future. Remind them of our social history and the need to be proud of our achievements especially our welfare state and the NHS which we are witnessing being dismantled!

• ed sturtivanted sturtivant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DC hates any sentence with Poll Tax and NHS reform in it, in fact when Ed Milliband did exactly that at PMQs he would probably look less anguished if Ed had kicked him in the nuts a few times.
        Not like Dismal Dave to be put on the back foot , he definitely doesn't like it....At All!

I sincerely hope it is his Poll Tax - save the NHS - make it difficult for Cameron

Feedback and Knowledge Base