I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,506 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

405 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sue LygoSue Lygo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The government must be aware of the opposition to this bill. Let's make them absolutely sure.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah please make it national and regional. I Know a lot of people who would march but they wouldn't go up to London for it. But if it's where they live they would take part I think.

Do it. Make it national and regional. I will march. I've had enough of this Tory vermin.

Happy to add my name and marching feet to any demonstration to protect our NHS. Are you listening Dave, that would be our NHS - not yours

• g wardg ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wished i could attend a march but i cant atm, but good luck to those who do. got my wrag to sort

• reggie sidereggie side commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

General Strike! If ever there was a right time and cause - surely defending the NHS from this wrecking ball of a bill is it.

Great idea - but please remember that not everyone who would wish to join a march is able to. Can this be accompanied by a backup camaign that's more accessible too?

• Lisa ThorntonLisa Thornton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think it is important to have a big march...not just to show the government how strongly people feel, but also to show the rest of the public who may not be too clued up about the bill , that many people think it is a bad idea

• RainbowMeowRainbowMeow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nicholas is right - they have declared war on us. This is about power and money - taking them from the many and giving them to the few, as ever. Whatever we can do legally to fight back, we must do.

All I have to say is... if what you want is services that mirror how unemployment, nursing/care homes and local councils are managed by private entities then go ahead, let the Bill pass. If you want a service that will care for you when you need it regardless of your wealth, then FIGHT IT LIKE YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE, CAUSE YOU ACTUALLY MIGHT BE!

• Tobias AbseTobias Abse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Lib Dems are every bit as responsible for the Lansley Bill as the Tories - it is their votes that will get it passed next week. I would add that a fake left like Shirley Williams is even more responsible than a crypto- Tory and one time Tory member like Nick Clegg because it was Williams who made sure that the Lib Dem conference did not vote to kill the bill. The Lib Dems were responsible for passing the Welfare ' Reform' Bill which attacks the permanently disabled and the terminally ill as well as forcing the poor to leave central London by cutting housing benefit. Make the Lib dems pay! I can't tell you what to do with Cowley street on FB but I think you all know what I mean.

I'm Judy, the old doctor. "Why aren't they communicating to us?" I don't know.
        I'm also drawing the 38 degrees campaign to ask for a witholding of royal assent to your attention.
        BUT I will use all peaceful, democratic means at my disposal to fight for the NHS to my dying breath, because those who taught me, had WORKED in the pre NHS era. We do not want to see a return to that.

Anonymous, a large march needs permission and planning from the metropolitan police only if done legally and SOCPA is abided by. The best protests aren't always doen with the help of the state! Also SOCPA doesn't apply for the whole of London :)

Anonymous, that maybe true, but why arent they communicating this to us? They are not keeping thier members in the loop. And at such an awful time we need to feel that they are listening and doing all they can to oppose the destruction of the NHS.

"Folks, 38 degrees may have a problem here. A large march needs advanced permission & planning from the metropolitan police."

1 2 9 11 13 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base