I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,503 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

404 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DAVID SHAUGHNESSYDAVID SHAUGHNESSY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went on the Save the NHS march in Manchester and there were 50,000 like minded people and it did get a bit of media coverage. However my feeling is unless the next march goes down Whitehall it will not get on the media radar as reporters are getting drugged on press releases and seldom wander outside the M 25 for a story,

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's time people spoke up and not leave it for others. Your NHS even with it's small faults is far better than privatised medicine. This is from someone who knows the other side of the coin

• cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

peoples attitudes amaze me you ask for votes for tree's badgers or such like the votes come in thick and fast and yet nobody has any interest in the harsh treatment being suffered by the old sick injured and disabled in the name of austerity people need to look hard at welfare reforms the next victims could be relations of there's or even worse themselves

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are another group of people who may not be able to participate -those suffering from serious mental health issues eg schizophrenia & bipolar illness. Too many of these people end up homeless because of lack of rapid medical intervention leading to job loss, break down of social structure, then homelessness all because of uncontroled illness. This is the worst possible scenario.I have bipolar illness. I now describe MHS as superised neglect & non existant.

• Joe BarrJoe Barr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm... some of the most disadvantaged, disabled people are unable to walk and are unable to take part in a demonstration. You need to think of something else on top of a demonstration that will bring in participation for tens of thousands of disabled people who are the most affected by the atrocious Health & Social Care Bill. 38 Degrees at least gives us a voice.

try the dpac site if you want to see and take part in some real action against IDS and his cronies atos they don't pull no punches

you will find 38degree's and other protest sites are quick enough to ask for your votes on issues they want to pursue but we don't the required backing off them for our own crusades more and more i am thinking even protest sites have there own agenda i started a petition on avaaz the link is below i have had very little backing from site members so where do you go from here if the site will not put there name behind you and site members won't whats the point talking is easy action is not everyones cup of tea thats why this goverment is doing as they please

• Alex GreeneAlex Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

38 Degrees just now posted an email to me asking me to sign a letter to Ian Duncan-Smith asking him to curb Atos, in a state of apparent total obliviousness as to the fact that he is /behind/ the whole thing.

Honestly, seriously, they were asking me to sign a letter demanding that Satan to turn down the central heating in Hell a bit.

• Nicky HarrisNicky Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many votes need to be given to one of these campaigns before 38degrees organizers it? I voted on this AGES ago and now there are 4,000 more votes! We need to actually DO something about this rather than wait until its too late!.....I guess in a way it is. Doesn't mean we have to roll over like dogs.

i have said it before but looking at the votes is a clear indication people are not concerned till it happens to them most people are programmed now by the media and government spin without realising they are being controlled so are readiness to comply is a valuable weapon for the government thats why they mock and sneer at the the ones who see past the tele and newspaper because they know we will find it hard to rally people for this campaign i just wish people would open there eyes and allow themselves to see the big picture STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE PEOPLE YOU ARE BEING SHIT ON

we need more backing the votes do not display the thosands of people who are suffering at the hands of atos and the dwp i think people have just given up hope unite have started a community branch 50p a week designed to help and back people who are sick injured and disabled its under community branch

• dodgydosserdodgydosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, well you never know, they maybe TTTs (Tory Toff Trolls) or they may be genuinely wanting to understand what the problem is.

If the latter then the article pointed to below will, I hope explain all. If the former they are probably beyond rational discourse so it doesn't matter what anyone says, which is a shame because we have to live with the consquences of their spiteful ignorance.

probably does'nt effect the lives of saveourindustry or renato so they won't understand

• dodgydosserdodgydosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a bit difficult to explain what's wrong with the bill (actually the Act now) in a paragraph. I suggest that you follow this link:

http://actionforthenhs.org.uk/index.php/articles/whats-so-bad-about-the-health-a-social-care-bill

This article shows with evidence what's wrong with the Act. It's a bit out of date but I'm hoping to update it shortly.

I hope Savourindustry and Renato Rodrigues will be open minded enough to look at the evidence.

whats wrong with the bill its the same as all bills drummed up by this government they are designed to hit the old sick injured and disabled to pay for there greed and corruption is that explaination enough
        hey daniel the only way to hurt greed hit it in the pocket good idea

• saveourindustrysaveourindustry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, what's wrong with this bill? Bleating about it is no use. Explain your problem with the bill if you have read it properly.

• Daniel FauxDaniel Faux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Demonstrations are a good voice, but the media usually misrepresent the point. How about a quiet internet controlled mortgage payment strike. That would hurt the banks, the government's paymasters. Though it could destroy the economy which not a good thing. But the government don't seem to realise the power the public could have over them, when they get started.

i have e mailed the labour party numerous times and had a go at other mps including clegg with no reply we are on our own the only time anyone of them will stand up is if there are millions of us on the streets and even then it will just a media exercise for there own ends
        THE ONLY TIME ANYONE WILL LISTEN IS WHEN ALL PEOPLE COME ONTO THE STREETS IN ALL AREAS AT SAME TIME but people like to talk not do if we want a life we have to change peoples attitude a kick up the arse is needed for the majority and get them moving

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base