I suggest a campaign about ...

Christopher Tappin Returned for Trial in UK

Christopher Tappin should face trial in the United Kingdom. Bring him home now!

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GeorgiaGeorgia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope someone in the PM's press pack will raise the case of Christopher Tappin during his stay in the US.

Wikipedia define torture thus "Torture is the act of inflicting severe pain (whether physical or psychological) as a means of punishment, revenge, forcing information or a confession, or simply as an act of cruelty." Given that US prosecutors, usually demand a confession and plea bargan, as the only means of escaping a conviction and a sentence of life in prison.

At what point, is extraditing a retired pensioner gentleman, dressing him in orange jump suit, no doubt shackling at every move, by all accounts depriving him of reading material and segregating him and refusing bail, not torture by this definition

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a total disgrace that British Citizens should be sent to face a justice system that is not comparable in its treatment of those accused, to our system.It is harsh and brutal in the extreme. That this man aged 65 should be put in an orange overall, shackled and caged, and this before he has been to trial. Disgusting, an affront to our liberal democratic principles. Shame on our government, shame on the Liberal Democrats for not stopping this.

• james buchananjames buchanan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

under the circimstances it is a disgrace CT is in USA at all. Being held in such barbaric conditions, shackled, caged and denied bale is contrary to behaviour of any civilised society, requirement of proof of guilt or resemblance of justice. USA is no better than many 3rd world countries, dictatorships and the regimes it claims to be better than. SHAME ON YOU USA - your true colours are showing, and you wonder why most of the world no longer respect you? You just destroy the arguments for human rights in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Cuba et al.

Feedback and Knowledge Base