I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,395 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline GouldCaroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

534 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are banned everywhere else, even in eastern Europe, this is a big shame of England

• DonnaDonna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pain & suffering caused by snares is horrendous - there needs to be an outright ban now.

• sally timminssally timmins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My friend who lives in Spain lost his beloved dog. She was found 5 days later dead in a snare! She had died a long painful death! Heartbreaking! It can happen in England too!

• Ginny Grove MessierGinny Grove Messier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snares should have been banned years ago!!! I am totally disgusted and appalled that they still exist! Horrific and cruel beyond belief! Our wildlife is disappearing all over the planet because of Human Beings. Please put a stop to this terrible form of torture NOW! Animals feel pain and have the same emotions that humans should have!

• Juanita BowenJuanita Bowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please ban use of snares. Animals caught in these go through so much pain and fear. Also animals not intended to get snared can ( for example birds, pets).

• elly honeyballelly honeyball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought they had been banned years ago, real shock to find out they are still legal. How can anyone allow this to happen, I fully support a complete ban and urge others to do the same. It could be any our beloved pets that get caught at any time. I'm sure we all have dogs that run ahead and explore the woods and such,imagine how we wouuld feel if ours got caught. PLEASE SIGN NOW!!

• John VartyJohn Varty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Animal welfare charities and others have wrestled with governments for years to get snares banned . It is about time that good sense and compassion prevailed and these things were banned.

• jan harrisonjan harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support a call to ban all snares and traps which can cause indiscriminate suffering. At present they can be used but I believe that whoever sets them is supposed to check them within 12 or 24 hours. Whichever it might be it is not good enough.

• Caroline GouldCaroline Gould commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another snaring incident at a wildlife hospital this week. Wildlife Aid in Leatherhead had to put a fox to sleep after it sustained terrible injuries from being trapped in a snare.
        Please support this campaign to get them banned :)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should be banned, we need to speak up for the animals affected by these horrible traps

• SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snares should be outlawed immediately. They cause immense suffering to all animals caught in them, even domestic pets. There is no excuse for this wanton cruelty. BAN them TODAY.

• S CrossS Cross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snares are indisciminate and cause much suffering, should have been banned years ago.

• Betty LeeBetty Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clwyd Badger Group has dealt with too many cases of badgers which have died slowly and horribly in snares, including in 'legal' snares which have become twisted during the animals frantic efforts to escape. It is outrageous that snaring is still legal!

Feedback and Knowledge Base