I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,398 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline GouldCaroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

534 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Annette BarsbyAnnette Barsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree entirely .This wicked practice should have been banned a along time ago. Do you intend to organise a petition? Well done and all the very best in your quest. i will give you every support I can.

• Peter MartinPeter Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's high time this barbaric practice was outlawed totally, with draconian penalties for those convicted as perpetrators

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think these snares should be banned as animals die in terrible p[aid if not found.

Snares are indiscriminate and extremely cruel - no animal should suffer such an horrific death - humans baffle me with their evil ways

As always mans inhumanity never failes to cause other animals pain and suffering, this out dated form of trapping should be banned.
        It causes unimaginable distress and agony to all creatures that come in contact with it.

• EMMA PATRICKEMMA PATRICK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These snares are Absolutely disgusting. How would humans liked to be caught, held to die such a painful death.

• Trish.S.Trish.S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How these evil things are still legalis beyond me, the suffering they cause is appalling, and so so cruel.

The use of any kind of snare in the uk and worldwide should have been banned long ago! You have my total support.

They are cruel and unjust and have no place in a world where ensuring animals are treated fairly should be improving not getting worse

• Christine GwynneChristine Gwynne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Animals suffer pain as well as humans, so the use of snares and other such cruel ways of culling any animals must be stopped.
        I wonder how the person laying the traps would feel if they were left to die slowly and in agony would feel.

• DekeDeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support your campaign & will forward this link to all my contacts. It's completely unacceptable that these vile contraptions are still being used in the 21st century! Until I received your communication I had no idea that they were.

They are set indiscriminately and in a lot of cases illegally and do not target specific animals. Strangulation is not a humane way of killing animals and therefore all snares should be banned and severe measures taken to punish those who use them both physically and corporately

Feedback and Knowledge Base