I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,396 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline GouldCaroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

534 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TracyTracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the sake of all living creatures... ban these despicable snares.. they are totally inhumane.....please stop this suffering now!!

• Alison ClasseAlison Classe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please follow up this suggestion. As a "civilised" country we need to ban snares as a matter of urgency.

• Mrs. Monica LafoneMrs. Monica Lafone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the 21st century, we should be enlightened. Snares are archaic and should be banned. These contraptions serve only to terrify and torture the caputred animal. Unable to free itself the animal has to endure unbearable pain and suffering for a lengthy time before it either dies or is close to death. Inhumane in the extreme!!!

• T DolbearT Dolbear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with Anonymous below - hope they wont mind me reiterating "........ I've seen first hand what a snare can do to a Fox'e neck. This is beyond cruelty. I say do the same to the people who use these snares to see how they like it. This has to be stopped!".... Thank you.

• Pete ColemanPete Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why in God's name are people still using snares? (I say "people" but you know what I mean)...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in a Zoo clinic and I've seen first hand what a snare can do to a Fox's neck. This is beyond cruelty. I say do the same to the people who use these snares to see how they like it. This has to be stopped!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the 21st Century these snares should be banned ASAP. There is enough suffering for wildlife without this added cruelty!

• Philip DeePhilip Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This barbaric practice should be outlawed and severe penalties imposed for any transgression. We are suppose to be a civilised society.

• ~Lisa Marie Puckett~Lisa Marie Puckett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

~I'm a Volunteer at a Wildlife rescue centre, It's disgusting the cruelty humans cause to Animals. The snares cause horrandous injurys! it's heartbreaking! please bann this cruel act and stop our wildlife's suffering.

Feedback and Knowledge Base