I suggest a campaign about ...

Get Sky to pay the BBC to broadcast BBC channels, not (as it currently is) the other way around.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/02/maimed-bbc-parasitic-sky?CMP=twt_gu
"...the BBC pay £10m a year to be transmitted on the Sky platform, although across the rest of Europe commercial broadcasters pay public broadcasters for the privilege of using their content. By rights Sky should pay many hundreds of millions. If the BBC withdrew, Sky would totter since BBC channels are by far the most watched by Sky subscribers, yet Sky charges an average £500 per customer, compared with the BBC's £145.50 licence fee –and yet the BBC massively outproduces Sky content. It's time Sky paid full value."

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    E JonesE Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelvin KerseyKelvin Kersey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. When the BBC used to carry OU programmes it charged the OU so incredibly much that the programming got discontinued and we all lost valuable free access to edu-telly. Serve the greedy BBC right to have some of its own medicine

Feedback and Knowledge Base