I suggest a campaign about ...

Don't let the 'Stop Online Piracy Act' pass as US law.

Today, politicians in the US are meeting to discuss the 'Stop Online Piracy Act'. It would crush freedom on the Web, and make our favourite websites vulnerable to lawsuits. The United States Government strongly opposes China's handling of freedom in the country, yet they are about to set up a firewall comparable to the 'Great Firewall of China'. This may not be a UK matter, but we still have to fight for it so our US brothers don't suffer. Besides, it is still an important issue - especially considering most sites are run out of the US (eg YouTube, Google, Facebook) and now risk being severely impacted or even shut down.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FlameMixerFlameMixer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FlameMixerFlameMixer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also - now, the bill has evolved and will throw people in jail for up to 5 years just for posting an infringing link. Also, UK companies use ads on sites like these for more traffic - if there are no sites left, especially the large ones like Google, then there is no more traffic - and that could impact the companies.

Feedback and Knowledge Base