I suggest a campaign about ...

Please sign Pat's Petition!

IMPORTANT CALL TO ACTION TO EVERYONE WHO CARES ABOUT DISABLED PEOPLE!

Pat Onions has submitted an e-petition to the government website. Pat is blind and Pat is also a carer. Pat is calling on the Government to stop and review the cuts to benefits and services for disabled people which are falling disproportionately on disabled people, their carers and families.

Please sign this petition! We need 100,000 signatures to generate a debate in Parliament!

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968

And please ask friends, family and any organisations you belong to, to sign and get others to sign too.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hamsterkelhamsterkel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update on Pat's Petition it has now reached 40,787 but has a long way to go to reach its target of 100,000. If you haven't signed yet please do so -http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20968
        Also for those interested Pat's Petition is getting together various groups to have a CIA-D Cumulative Impact Assessment for Disabilities, something the Government should have done before introducing all these changes but refuses to do -http://carerwatch.com/reform/?p=942

• cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi to both of you have been trying for pat people are hard work sometimes have e mailed labour party christ knows how many times they don't seem to have the balls to commit to anything this government won't be happy till they have ground everyone with under 1 million into the dust and it looks like people are going to let them

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have signed the petition , have emailed mp about early day motion, just got to keep trying

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Early day motion 295, please any interested ask MP to sign as this involves the Work Capability Assessment which BMA & some MP's now acknowledge finally is not fit for purpose, puts really sick.disabled on to fit for work & some even die before they finally get appeal through to say error, 6months up to a year later, they lose money as not fit for work, unable to look for such to qualify for work related benefit.

hi anonymous i told rose last night that was me finished with this site they don't seem to understand unsubscribe hence doing this but glad to be able to say goodbye to you so maybe meet you on another site
        i am always on dwpexamination.org free speech for the disabled

mordor

People keep saying it divide & rule, well the divisions are deep now, shows it on here.

Rose, you know on Avaaz, they have a facebook page, worth posting some info on there would you think?

Even the Early day motion posts didn't rate much attention, maybe people did do the email MP's but diudn't tick liked, if so i malign some, yet MP's & doctors say it's wrong. It is a lost cause on here, re the members saying it is important, I've known that for a while, I wanted to rally people, not to be despondent, such a shame as it would have really helped get the truth out there & support if people knew the facts & given Pats e-petition a boost maybe. Truth is no one cares enough about the plight of a minority, not PEOPLE as they see it who have through no choice to rely on the state because they have more to contend with in life daily, carers have more too & trying to work, care & juggle makes pursuing careers if you can find one these days almost impossible hence the low pay of most. Others sick/disabled have no one, can't get jobs often if able & have no one to help them in families. What to do then people out there, you think of a way they can keep selves if too unwell/disabled to be reliable & hold down jobs. Many have paid into the system so far & still are denied help. Many families have never claimed a bean & work so are their family members not entitled to help. So this is what you want people no welfare state, So you will all have to earn & earn until you die & pay for the lot.yourselves even if you fall on hard times,& it does happen more than you think, even If you can of course get a really well paid job for all the Insurances you will need, if you don't get too sick, if you don't have an accident, don't get made redundant, if you partner doesn't get sick/get Alzheimers/cancer etc & you have to reduce hours, give up work. Have it your way people. Even people who go bankrupt, get in arrears with rent/mortgate fall on hard times. they are closing it down, choosing the easiest target first! Ps not intended for anyone who has supported this or any people affected by this. Probably won't get seen as no one takes any notice, but I feel a bit less frustrated. Also other anonomous thanks for DPAC links, been supporting them for a while. Maybe worth seeing if they could all combine as individual groups to form some sort of shared information site in the form of an Alliance. the Badger Trust & quite a few others do this, remain individual but pool ideas, campaigns when needed. Any thought anyone?

Hi Clifford whilst I cannot disagree with you about your feelings for 38 degrees I hope you will continue to support Pat's Petition and circulate the information on any forums you visit. Don't forget it has nearly 40,000 votes and with persistance we have to hope it will get to the 100,000 needed.

surposed to have a lot of members on 38 degrees been told close to a million 1 vote off all thats all pat needed the plain truth rose nobody is interested only a handful of us trying to drum up support for her lost my faith in people now only bothered when they want something or its happening to them no wonder this government laughs at us the rich stick together right or wrong we don't this is my last post all talk no action unless your a tree or a badger

Avaaz just started Pats Petition in the middle of April but you are right not a lot of votes compared to the main campaign, but it is perhaps not as widely publicized.

anonymous are daughter developed cancer at the age of 22 with 2 infants on the floor along with me getting work injuries making me disabled then benefits treating us with contempt and distain my wife continued to shoulder all are problems and still go to work and i feel you will probably know how she felt better than me or daughter she showed nothing just kept going as it is now with them stopping my benefits she is literally working to pay the rent and food no profit for her labours so they don't care working or not if you are not upper class your fair game for bad treatment

Also go to a website called : Disabled People Against Cuts.

This website has an article relating to Labour MP's and other MP's signing a letter to highlight the injustice of ATOS and what is happening generally. You will be invited to contact your local MP.

Well worth a look and now.

Clifford,
        that may not be quite true as I fight strongly for the badgers, being brought up in the countryside, also for the trees & many other environmental issues. It just seems not everyone is open minded, cares & sees more than one or two issues as important, especially concerning fellow human beings! They are also brainwashed, indifferent, oblivious to others plight for many reasons. Having said that I posted on comments for winning! the woods issue recently re the importance of this issue as it is lives, peoples health & safety & people are dying, under immense stress & their carers too. I too have been feeling it's a waste of time, but I still think we have to give it a go, but we need more to do so with us that are members. People in general do need to wake up to this for selves/family & for what is right, it is people suffering & you are right, when my daughter was born a long while since I was thrown into a different life, returning to work in those days near impossible, her needs demanded me there 24/7. with the cuts now/changes the help for all is seriously in danger, not going to be there, locally either. I am getting older & worry for her, I am on my own after divorce so have to support self by working & help her, juggling both over the years has never been easy & I ended up in low paid work to do so & care, attend hospital etc. For now I
        am reasonably fit but worry it may not last, then what happens, if I can't work, she will never be able to go out alone safely but her disabilities are hidden & if she gets put into looking for work, it just won't be able to happen & I'd have to manage totally. I will manage hopefully though we have no family to rely on, so many now are in awful situations already. It just should not be this way. They do need to vote, I had my life changed forever too, but love her to bits. There are also disabled children out there who will become disabled adults, what is the future for them too.

the advice centre dealing with my benefit appeal are starting a peoples union so i will be in that
        and just so everyone knows i am disabled now because of work related injuries and have been treated with contempt and distain by the very system i payed so much tax and ni into and along the way have seen people with terrible disabilities being deemed fit for work so i know how cruel and i sided this attack on the old sick injured and disabled is i have worked all my life but i tell you people need to stop the welfare reforms by voting i did not think it would happen to me what a lesson i've had

its a shame pat is not a bloody badger or a tree everyone would be signing now just shows you peoples mentality not bothered until it happens to them see the team have been really quiet on this 1 as well
        see anonymous its this attitude the goverment thrive on we are wasting are time with this lot mate and the few others who are trying with us people are there own worst enemies
        pat is blind for gods sake those who don't help should be ashamed lost all my faith in people now

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base