I suggest a campaign about ...

Reject proposals to block Blackberry Messenger / Social Network sites to suspected rioters

The government is this week beginning discussions with Research In Motion (operators of Blackberry Messenger), and owners of social networking sites such as Facebook, with view to blocking the use of the technology to those suspected of organising riots.
The danger is that we may all lose our right to use freely and without constraint, technologies which have evolved without moderation and to embrace free speech.
It is entirely the wrong policy for Government to impose monitoring and restrictions on technologies used by the vast public majority to good intention. Efforts should instead be focused on working to calm and relax pockets of social unrest, to prevent violent eruptions like those seen in the recent riots.

This is a critical chapter in our continued freedom of the use of Blackberry Messenger and social networking sites, without government monitoring, censorship or control.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    M BernardM Bernard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...