I suggest a campaign about ...

CCTV to be made compulsory in UK slaughterhouses.

Following Animal Aid's detailed investigation into UK slaughterhouses, the campaigning group is calling for mandatory CCTV to be installed in all abattoirs. This must be made law ahead of January 2013 when new Regulations - which will not allow the UK to improve upon existing measures - come into force. Already, the supermarkets are on board. Now we just need to persuade the government!

1,063 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kate FowlerKate Fowler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

423 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ann JonesAnn Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CCTV should be compulsory, it's bad enough that animals have to be slaughtered but to be inhumane is despicable. All animals should also be stunned prior to slaughter. I am sorry if this offends people of other cultures but to kill an animal while it is conscious is unacceptable

CCTV should be compulsory, it's bad enough that animals have to be slaughtered but to be inhumane is despicable. All animals should also be stunned prior to slaughter. I am sorry if this offends people of other cultures but to kill an animal while it is conscious is unacceptable

• DIANE M. KASTELDIANE M. KASTEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MANDATORY CCTV MUST BE INSTALLED IN ALL ABATTOIRS TO PREVENT AND MONITOR CRUELTY, ABUSE AND ROUGH MAN-HANDLING OF THE SLAUGHTER VICTIMS BEFORE JANUARY, 2013! GO VEGAN! DIANE M. KASTEL WHEATON, ILLINOIS, USA

• Debi MohanDebi Mohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CCTV needs to be installed in ALL slaughterhouses! Animals even if they are for food deserve a quick and easy death!!!

• Ann WilliamsAnn Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are all under the the surveillance of CCTV cameras in our daily life, surely it is right to give this same protection to animals in their death. It is the only way to stop these acts of barbarism being inflicted on an innocent creature. They must also prosecute any person who does not perform this job in a humane and professional way.

• Elizabeth ShawElizabeth Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make CCTV compulsory in all UK slaughterhouses as soon as possible in order to avoid further animal abuse as exposed in Animal Aid's excelltent investigation.

• Kenneth SmithKenneth Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have all seen the brutality and abuses of sentient creatures whom end up in abattoirs. These killer workers cannot be trusted to be humane with their killing,in fact the job in content, leans towards horrendous abuse of these animals. Therefore, CCTV MUST be installed in all abattoirs as soon as possible and this must be enshrined in law.

• Morgan GordonMorgan Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is absolutely vital that CCTV functions in all slaughterhouses, given the type of person who would do this sort of job is often sadistic and sick and hurts already traumatised animals.

• SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CCTV needs to be put in place to stop the inhumane behaviour often displayed in the ignorant people that choose work in places where they feel they are more superior and can control through cruelty

• Tanya ScottTanya Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is abhorrent ... anyone who has an iota of an idea about what is right and what is wrong should have their conscience pricked by this.
        As a long time vegan and someone who strongly supports animal rights and animal welfare, I am vehemently opposed to any animal suffering, especially at the hands of humans.
        At the very least CCTV would help ensure that these poor animals don't have to suffer anymore than they clearly do.
        Human"kind"? .. are we??

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a long time non-meat eater I wish they didn't exist at all, but they do, so CCTV would hopefully ensure that animal welfare is paramount.

• KateKate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's disgusting. they should have had cameras in from the start then these animals wouldn't have had to suffer needlessley

1 2 6 8 10 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base