I suggest a campaign about ...

CCTV to be made compulsory in UK slaughterhouses.

Following Animal Aid's detailed investigation into UK slaughterhouses, the campaigning group is calling for mandatory CCTV to be installed in all abattoirs. This must be made law ahead of January 2013 when new Regulations - which will not allow the UK to improve upon existing measures - come into force. Already, the supermarkets are on board. Now we just need to persuade the government!

1,064 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kate FowlerKate Fowler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

423 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • libeegofficlibeegoffic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dont people realise that they only live because ov animals n shud hav more respect for themx

• Jez LearyJez Leary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time has finally arrived for justice to be done for these magnificient creatures! Bring it on.

• Jez LearyJez Leary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time has finally arrived for justice to be done for these magnificient creatures! Bring it on.

• KimKim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is bad enough that these animals are slaughtered in the first place but to add to their distress with cruelty and disrespect is shameful and cowardly.

• Daniela HattersleyDaniela Hattersley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is imperative to the welfare of these animals that CCTV is present in all slaughterhouses and it is our responsibility as humans to ensure that all acts of cruelty do not go unpunished, we should all embrace this proposal, slaughterhouses included!!!

• Dawn Litchfield-LloydDawn Litchfield-Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the companies and employees follow the law and adhere to correct and humane procedures, then they have nothing to fear from CCTV. CCTV will help maintain high standards of animal welfare and ensure that people who break the law are caught and prevented form carrying about further abuse.

• Linda WestLinda West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have to agree totaly with this campaign, there must be cctv in all slaughter houses , from the footage iv seen and find disgusting, it has to be. who can justify such cruelty.

• Paul JenkinsPaul Jenkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Following footage of abbatoir staff kicking pigs in the head and generally mistreating animals in what is already a stressful situation I welcome any measure that can promote changes in attitude towards animals awaiting slaughter and the wider issue of animal welfare

• Cleo PetersenCleo Petersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do slaughterhouses prefer to keep their activities hidden? Surely this calls into question what goes on inside?

• Chris ThorpeChris Thorpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In absolute agreement with this. In theory my MP should be as she is allegedly anti any abuse or cruelty towards animals

• Desiree aloufDesiree alouf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

let's weed out those how enjoy abusing and torturing from those who are there to do their job and treat the animals with dignity and compassion

• Jenny LuptonJenny Lupton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so important and vital for the future well being and protection of animals in the meat industry.

• DeniseDenise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be compulsory for all abattiors to have CCTV fitted. If the staff treat the animals properly then they should not be worried about being filmed. The first time a staff member mistreats an animal it must be instant dismissal. Until these people learn that there job is on the line they will continue to try and get away with treating animals inhumanely. I also agree with the comment that states that no animal should be slaughtered without pre-stunning. I get very annoyed that the practice of killing animals without stunning is not clamped down on, I thought it was against the law to be honest, the government should do something and not be so scared of offending anybody.

1 2 9 11 13 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base