I suggest a campaign about ...

An amendment to the Bail Bill that will help prevent domestic violence murders

1 woman is murdered by a current or ex-partner in the uk every 3days. Last year Jane Clough was murdered by her ex - Vass who was on bail for 6 counts of rape, 3 assaults and 1 sexual assault. Despite objections by the Police and CPS. There is a petition that has been through the first stage and now needs signatures to support an amendment to the Bail allowing bail decisions to be appealled. Jane Clough and many other victims would be alive today if her (their) killer had not been granted bail.

697 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Claire MooreClaire Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Victoria CooksonVictoria Cookson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A beautiful friend has been missing from all of our lives for over a year and is missed each and every second of every day. Please, let's make sure no other families and friends feel this pain and sense this loss.

• lesley biagiottilesley biagiotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This man is a scum bag, a young woman with her hole life a head of her is no longer here, and in 30 years he will be walking the streets should no be aloud to happen. If the judge was doing his job properly this scum bag would not have been free to walk the streets in the first place ,i cant understand why the judge says jane was in no danger from him anyone would have knowing this. i hope jane gets the justice that she deserves.

• clare dawesclare dawes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a victim of domestic abuse myself i know only too well how important it is to feel safe in your own home. bail should not be allowed where such violent acts have take place! Jane would still be alive if Vass had been kept in custody. shocking that he was allowed out!

• Sue TabbSue Tabb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most judges are of the older generation & dont realise that people of today have become more violent,Their are thousands of women (& men)who suffer domestic violence & worse,as the Clough family have sadly found out.Everyone has to do their "bit" I know i am

• kate sutherlandkate sutherland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a victims right to be protected by the British Justice System not be let down by it which is happening all to often. The law need to change!! How many more women have to die before the government acts???

• symeera griffithssymeera griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i feel janes family.theyve lost there angel due to letting an animal out on baill.if he wasnt out on bail that girl would of been here today.her daughter has lost her mum.a life taken away.gets me so annoyed when innocient people ask for help.and after,its to late theyve been murdered.do somethink now!!

• david quaver mccurleydavid quaver mccurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no women should have 2 go through domestic violence especially in there own homes.and feel a prisoner in there homes.they should be allowed 2 walk free.and not look over there shoulder all the time.if wasent given bail jane would be alive 2 day.the judge should be held accountable 4 his actions also

• shaun donaghyshaun donaghy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one should be a victim of this or any form of violence. Those that sadly are should feel confident in getting the proper support and protection

• Kathryn WoodsKathryn Woods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Protect victims not the perpetrator. This attitude of favouring the rights of he criminal is leading to a break down in society.

• Sarah DowlingSarah Dowling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I to want to feel protected as a sinle mum, we are fast becoming a society living in fear, we need to feel safe and confident knowing the law will protect us

• Mel GrabowskiMel Grabowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I watched the programme on ITV1 about the tragic events leading up to Jane Clough's horrific death. My sister was stabbed to death by her husband 9 years ago...he is now out and free and even got their son back living with him....so I know first hand about the failure of our justice system. We have to keep pursuing this and stop this from happening!!!

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please i urge everyone to sign the petition to allow this very important chnahe in Bail applications. If he was remanded in custody Jane would still be alive!

• Gail RichardsonGail Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Police are powerless until it's too late! Courts are letting rapists free to walk the streets to terrorise and abuse their victims further. Women need to be protected by the law. Don't let what happened to Jane happen to another woman - please

• Penny Clough Penny Clough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am Janes' mum, I saw her fear when Vass was given bail, she battled so hard for herself and her baby to be safe....instead she was put in greater danger by a judge who did not listen. Janes murder has destroyed our lives, it was so preventable...lets help other victims, support this. x

• Jo WoodJo Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a vote for victims everywhere - 25% of women will be victims of domestic violence...........this cannot be right!

This is a vote for victims everywhere - 25% of women will be victims of domestic violence...........this cannot be right!

Feedback and Knowledge Base