I suggest a campaign about ...

An amendment to the Bail Bill that will help prevent domestic violence murders

1 woman is murdered by a current or ex-partner in the uk every 3days. Last year Jane Clough was murdered by her ex - Vass who was on bail for 6 counts of rape, 3 assaults and 1 sexual assault. Despite objections by the Police and CPS. There is a petition that has been through the first stage and now needs signatures to support an amendment to the Bail allowing bail decisions to be appealled. Jane Clough and many other victims would be alive today if her (their) killer had not been granted bail.

697 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Claire MooreClaire Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • barby deverbarby dever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dis is amazin course ,avent seen da video yet but watch da smug scum on strangeways,evil e is ,looked as iv e ad no care in im at all justice 4 jane x

• Denise BakerDenise Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im a survivor of DV it takes alot of courage to stand up to these men, and Jane found it and paid the ultimate price. These sub-humans hide behind any excuse they can (steriod abuse, drink, drugs etc) and the judges are allowing the abuse to carry on by thinking wrongly that these men (I use thus term very loosely) can change their behaviour, they are so wrong. How many women have to DIE before they realize they should be behind bars for the rest of their miserable lifes. Hope the Clough family get JUSTICE and others follow suit. R.I.P. Jane xx

• RessieRessie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

R.I.P. Jane, wishing John and the family all the best and good luck with he fight. This type of horrific crime can and should be avoidable, the courts should be made accountable for their decisions.

• BiancaBianca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

R.I.P Jane, wishing all the family good luck to fight for justice this should never of happened. you got my support all the way. xx

• KathyKathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RIP Jane. Alongside the fact that this horrific crime ever happened, its unbelievable that there even NEEDS to be a petition to change the bail law...why hasn't this already happened?

Lets finally have some kind of justice for Jane, her family & friends and for other families who have needlessly suffered (and will continue to do so).

• sharonsharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

R.I.P Jane. wishing you all the very best in your fight for justice.x

• Maggie PearsonMaggie Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should never have happened it is a disgrace the justice system is awful the people that make these desicions should hang there heads in shame do not give any more of these monsters bail rip jane clough

• kerrykerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened in this case should never have happened and we all need to fight for what is wright and turn the law round for the innocent and the greater good the justice system is all for those who break the law and not for the innocent as it should be if you commit a crime you should be willing to pay for what you have done not the innocent person.

• Karen NormanKaren Norman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please act to change the law. There should be more awareness of D/V. The attitude that women deserve it still permeates some circles and even some churches. God elevated the status of women as seen in the Bible and He does not condone any sort of violence against women in the home or not.

• neilneil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

saw the programme,cant find words of how this monster was bailed.i know it wont help but he will suffer inside hes a marked man may every day be pure hell for this piece of scum.... r.i.p jane

• laurenlauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Victims need protection and its down to the government to ensure they get maximum protection possible

• Anne rileyAnne riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This beast and all the others like him of which there are many should be locked up for life no woman should have to live in fear

Feedback and Knowledge Base