I suggest a campaign about ...

Make Ecocide the 5th international crime against peace www.eradicatingecocide.com/thesolution/

Crimes against our ecosystems, like genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes of agression, should be reconised by the International Criminal Court

2,106 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vonnconchvonnconch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

382 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • julian Marshalljulian Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'll never have a just world until the rights of all the children of all the species are respected for all time (to paraphrase William 'C2C' McDonough)

• Jean VidlerJean Vidler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is strange that we have to enforce the law of nature - to Love Our Mother - but it is right and proper. Let us hope we will also address the root causes behind so much destruction.

• Dave HamptonDave Hampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you everybody. This is partly a test message to see if it looks as if I have voted twice - i haven't - I've just commented twice :)

• Dave HamptonDave Hampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Earth Rights, Earth Law, Deeper Law from the Dawn of Time (Aslan ;) - all these things are unstoppable - but by encouraging friends to vote we can speed up the process of rehabilitation of our bad behaviour on our Home planet.

• Louise DignumLouise Dignum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I solidly support all the intellectual agruments for supporting rights for nature, there is also a strong intrinsic feeling that this is simply the right thing/way things should be.

• Terry SessfordTerry Sessford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those who abuse the environment are, in truth, abusing future generations. Without doubt, wanton disregard for the ecosystem and the destruction of biodiversity should be an internationally recognised crime.

• Pauline NealePauline Neale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having read Polly Higgins book, and been "green" for years, this seems a logical step to realising a fairer, and more sustainable, world.

• Lisa PhillipsLisa Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Perfect Storm's approaching, combined environmental, economic & social collapse UNLESS we change our attitudes/priorities RIGHT NOW......

• laurenlauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bringing light to so many things you feel shocked we as humanity has not yet put in place. Building equity and jurisprudence.

• Sandipta DharSandipta Dhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ecocide absolutely needs to be recognized as a crime against peace! It is our only chance of survival - shouldn't that be as clear as daylight to everyone by now?

• LuddersLudders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making ecocide the 5th international crime against peace will definately make a big change to how we interact with the planet. As a top down approach to tackling environmental issues, it will work. However I think we must meet it in the middle by doing what we can on the ground to truly give the planet and it's species the respect that it deserves.

1 2 6 8 10 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base