I suggest a campaign about ...

Make Ecocide the 5th international crime against peace www.eradicatingecocide.com/thesolution/

Crimes against our ecosystems, like genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes of agression, should be reconised by the International Criminal Court

2,107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vonnconchvonnconch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

382 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChristopLe BretonChristopLe Breton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eradicating Ecocide is what we must to to save the planet and ALL her species.

Polly Higgins' book is a must have for every library around the world, to sit alongside Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring."

• andreaandrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is the most heinous crime there is. Anyone who exploits our natural environment for short term selfish gain is a thief.

• clareclare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this amendment to the bill needs to pass to include ecocide as a crime.

• Åse Kristin LangeÅse Kristin Lange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need some minimum of functional ecosystems to survive in order to provide our oxygen, food and other resources. (So do other sentient beings, for those who care about that.) Wrecked ecosystems tend to lead to famine and war. This shouldn't be terribly hard to understand.

• Lisa W.Lisa W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ecocide, in the long run, is a crime against humanity. In criminology there is a "but for" rule: but for the shooting of the gun, the person would still be alive, etc. But for the destruction of ecosystems, there would be enough clean water to drink, fresh air to breathe, healthy soil to grow healthy crops...the list goes on. In light that these corporations know what the effects will be, and our of greed go about their deadly business anyway, I would consider these acts to be premeditated and with malice. The problem is, the US has committed international crimes already, with impunity.

• BeeBee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The campaign needs votes. Comments are not votes. Please vote by pushing VOTE in top left corner. I think everyone has a total of 10 votes :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base