I suggest a campaign about ...

Make Ecocide the 5th international crime against peace www.eradicatingecocide.com/thesolution/

Crimes against our ecosystems, like genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes of agression, should be reconised by the International Criminal Court

2,103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vonnconchvonnconch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

381 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike FerriganMike Ferrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be the most important campaign on this site.We need over 7000 votes to get this to the top.Surely we can do better! Email everyone, stick it all over the social media.Every other campaign above this in number of votes is dependant on this campaign being number one!

• katy dunnekaty dunne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ecocide is manslaugther, this is based on the fact that we rely on nature for life. This is not fanciful, just science without blinkers. And a act of great hubris and ingratitude to the rest of life on this planet.

• Zoe LujicZoe Lujic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE DONATE TO OUR END OF YEAR APPEAL now and help us build a movement to make ECOCIDE A CRIME
        http://eradicatingecocide.createsend4.com/t/ViewEmail/r/351E045C86E694AD/6CDC72673EDCDEF5F990754F028F0E8F

Your donation will be doubled! A generous donor has offered to double the first £15,000 in our End of Year Appeal -- that means every pound, dollar or euro you give will be worth twice as much. Please donate today and let’s reach our target of £30,000 by Christmas.

The story of our times could be how we stopped Ecocide. Imagine a world where Ecocide is a crime. Imagine a world where governments and corporations protect our environment rather than destroying it. This could be our legacy for our children and our children’s children.

But to achieve this, we need the support of millions of people by the Earth Summit in June next year. This is when world leaders will meet at the biggest environment summit for 20 years. We need your help to build a global campaign, to take the message to every leader around the world, to get people everywhere standing up and saying “yes – let’s make Ecocide the 5th international crime against peace”
        THANK YOU

• abdul chamidabdul chamid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

everywhere corporates damages ecology system. and human environment they mostly arogant . However the goverment it self should responsible as they also invilved in their activites.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this campaign. Corporations must be held to account. But also individuals must be held responsible for damage to ecosystems, whether they are selfish immoral profiteers who ravage and pollute to line their pockets or whether they are arrogant ill-informed idiots who 'liberate' non-native species such as mink into the British countryside to wreak havoc on our resident wildlife. All such actions are morally repugnant and reprehensible and should be addressed with the utmost severity.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am conducting a poll and would love to hear from you if you have chosen to give up your automobile (completely, not "I only use it once a week").
        Please email me so that I may better gauge the percentage of those who voluntarily choose to not support big oil. I am also looking to interview folks for an article about car-free living. Thank you.
        transportationtransitionday@hotmail.com

• Louise DeveneyLouise Deveney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is scandalous that harming a corporation is a crime but harming the environment is not. It is urgent that this situation be rectified.

• Martin RudlandMartin Rudland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a vital step to sanity, to combat the sick madness of the perverted Corporate Capitalist world that talks of Democracy, that Lobbies politicians, that destroys the possibilities of living joyfully on a planet concerning which Ghandi awoke us to the difference between need & greed. By this means those same politicians may be awoken to their selling out of the normal world.

• Nik BeesonNik Beeson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addiction to oil, the addiction to precious metals, the rapacious greed for the earth's natural resources has resulted in the 'developed' world plundering the resources of those less fortunate, and creating biotoxins that are having devastating consequences to the biosphere. Those consequences, particularly climate change, affect the less fortunate much more than the 'developed' plunderers. The less fortunate pay the price of the plunder. This is a double crime. The crime of plunder, and the crime of creating biotoxicity.

• Jacob LargeJacob Large commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I give my full support to this campaign. It is certainly a crime to exploit and degrade our earth.

• Emily LaurensEmily Laurens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crime which effects all, not just human life and spans generations. Those responsible must be held to account.

• ChristopLe BretonChristopLe Breton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eradicating Ecocide is what we must to to save the planet and ALL her species.

Polly Higgins' book is a must have for every library around the world, to sit alongside Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring."

Feedback and Knowledge Base