I suggest a campaign about ...

Make Ecocide the 5th international crime against peace www.eradicatingecocide.com/thesolution/

Crimes against our ecosystems, like genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and crimes of agression, should be reconised by the International Criminal Court

2,106 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vonnconchvonnconch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

382 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aline MacInnesAline MacInnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our planet is being destroyed. There will be nothing left to sustain human life. Enough is enough. We must think of our children's children and the legacy we are giving them.

• cotterycottery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Corporations need to take responsibility for the criminal damage they are inflicting on the world. Ecocide would mean industries would have to start finding alternative ways of doing things - this has been done before! Thin k of the Ozone Layer.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Protection that's so desperately needed and, put as a case in this way, it sounds so logical and so very DO-ABLE.

• Karen MaskallKaren Maskall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant think of any more worthy a battle to fight for. Without fighting for our mother earth there will be nothing else left to fight for anyway...

• Glyn Davies - Landscape artistGlyn Davies - Landscape artist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Superb and VITAL idea that NEEDS to be put into practice, though I can see pioneers for this move could end up having a 'car accident' or something thanks to the frightening power & control of those companies & governments who would become criminals because of this law ? :-(

• Ben BrophyBen Brophy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our ecosystems, environment & future generations depend upon us to act globally and with a long term vision. PLEASE make ecocide the 5th international crime against peace. Thank you

• Dave HamptonDave Hampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please spread word - don't be off-put by low vote so far - this has only just started - vote was 9 earlier today...

• Henry AdamsHenry Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An essential counter to the ongoing dismantling and blocking of present and future environment protection legislation (respectively) that is being carried out by governments in pursuing deregulation to unrestrict means by which powerful big business can increase profits, sometimes under the banner of "the need to increase growth and GDP". Examples: by GOP-controlled US Congress, UK & Canada Government's promotion of Investor-State clause (in CETA) to give companies power to sue governments if profits reduced due to environment legislation. Evidence re latter (re Tar Sands ecocide) in http://www.dragonfly1.plus.com

• Pinsie PerkinsPinsie Perkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't think of anything more important than this... When Ecocide becomes legislation, our beautiful planet and everything on/within/around it will finally have a much needed voice.

• Dave HamptonDave Hampton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please unite around this - this vote will effectively create a new top header for future 38 degrees campaigns - Earth Rights as well as Human Rights

Feedback and Knowledge Base