I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban 4x4 vehicles

It has been proven that 87% of polutants in our atmosphere are as a direct result of 4x4 vehicles tearing around the streets.
68% of all road accidents in the uk in the last 3 years involved a 4x4.
Every year 37% of our rarest wild flowers are destroyed by 4x4 vehicles churning up the wild meadows.
368 badgers were killed last year by 4x4 vehicles, 578 were injured.
A staggering 85683 potholes on our roads were created by 4x4 vehicles with aggressive tyres.
100% of all children who develop asthma have had a 4x4 near them at least once.
They drive too fast along our footpaths.
They emit enough poisonous fumes to fill an olympic sized swimming pool every 40 miles.
A typical 4x4 does 9 miles per gallon of fuel.
80 children, 108 elderly, 40 kittens, 70 dogs, 2 horses, 1560 hedgehogs, 5000 rabbits, 7068 songbirds are knocked down by 4x4 cars every year.
BAN THEM !

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TerryTerry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kara-lee 4x4 WilkoKara-lee 4x4 Wilko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terry mate take it you didnt see the 4x4 you drove into then huh!
        Ban Aygo's aswell then cos everytime i get cut up in my Golf its by one of them.
        Grow a pair mate cos 4x4 is the Future i seen it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have never read so much crap in all my life...
        there is more damage done to the earth making and running a prius than a 4x4. as it has 2 engines, and batteries that are eqtremely dangerous to the atmosphere.

9 mpg... hmm my range rover does approx 34 mpg, i have a touring caravan, and always holiday in england and wales. i have never got on an aeroplane and gone abroad for my holidays.. a boing 747 uses approx 10 tonnes of fuel to take off.

I currently cover about 2000 miles a year in the range rover, so anyone driving a corsa will probably cover far more miles than than and the emissions will be far higher than mine..

It seems you are trying to start a fire with wet logs.. as your information is wrong and very missleading..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

awww, come on. this has cheered me up no end.
        we can gloss over the fact that cows are responsible for more air pollution than 4x4's.
        we can gloss over the rest of the made up figures even.

what happens when your little crusade works and 4x4's are banned,
        commercial vehicles next?
        slab fronted kiddie killers they are,
        those damn fire engines, they really are a high fronted vehicle.

and as to the comment of bridget about them being used in the proper context......

i take that to mean that a farmer can use one in a filed but he has to leave it in the field, get into another car when he wants to go into the towns thus running 2 vehicles causing more pollution.........

don't let common sense or truth get in the way of your little crusades people.
        i can see this forum being a laugh a minute

• bridgetbridget commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

could we ban the drivers as well or make them wear a sticker saying 'I'm a selfish, overpaid, undereducated git'? (Oh I guess the car is the sticker so we all recognize them). I have no objection to them in the proper context but in a town....really?

• billbill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buses are 4X4, ban them as well? Think about you drivel before you spout it, moron.

Feedback and Knowledge Base